Prologue

~~~ Nine years ago ~~~

It was the same thing every day. Wake up, do school work, eat lunch, then off to the Agreste's home to learn about the family business. Our job to Mr. and Mrs. Agreste is the publicity of their clothing line. It was all pretty simple, just give the people what they want. So most of the time I spent with Mrs. Agreste and Adrian. I wished that I had lived in this family because they were so happy together. While I had a strict schedule and my parents always fought when they were around each other.
---
It was another normal day for me. I woke up, did all of my school work, ate, and finally, we were at the Agreste's home. Father spent all of his time with Mr. Agreste, while Mrs. Agreste was in the kitchen making cookies with Adrian, and I. Adrian and I were having fun decorating the star-shaped sugar cookies and Mrs. Agreste said she needed to get something from her room.

"Adri what do you think your momma is getting?" I asked the 6-year-old "Might be the new necklace that she made from an old pin thing." He replied as he dumped a load of black paw print sprinkles on a cookie "Oh." I mumbled right as she walked into the room carrying a small velvet pouch She walked to the island that we were working at and looked at all of the cookies with a small smile.

"Beth I have a gift for you." She said taking a necklace out of the velvet bag.  It looked like a peacock fan but it also had a pin on the back of the fan thing. "It's so pretty Mrs. Agreste. Thank you." I say lightly taking the necklace as papa came into the kitchen. I run up to papa and show him the necklace I just got. "Papa, Papa! Mrs. Agreste just gave me a necklace! Isn't it pretty?" I asked as he had picked me up " Yes my little dove. Now say goodbye to the Agreste's." He replied not smiling "Otay papa." I say as Papa walked up to Mister and Misses Agreste and I gave them both a hug and I wave to Adrian "Bye Adri, bye Mister and Misses Agreste." I say as we walk out of the house and to the car

After a twenty-minute ride home I saw momma outside with a different car putting things in the back of it. " Hey, papa whats momma doing?" I asked trying to look out of the car window He didn't look back at me and sighs "You and momma are going on an adventure to America. You'll still be going to school and learning about the family business." "But I love Pairs! I don't wanna leave!" I whine trying to get away " It is what is best for you Elizabeth and you will do as we say." Papa opened the door and got out while holding my small hand.

By the end of the day, I was on a private plane for New York, New York. I was looking out the window with my stuffed cat I had gotten from Adrian for my fourth birthday. I hope no one forgets me from Paris.