"bad luck"

"Ella where did you put my hockey stick?"

Adam marched up to me in the locker room with his hands on his hips.

"Hhm, yeah... about that..."

"Ella. Please please tell me you didn't leave it at your house. Practice starts in 5 minutes and coach will kill me." Adam looked at me with pleading eyes and clasped his hands together.

I laughed as I watched his begging. "Weeeeeeell..."

"Ella!"

"Chill out Banks its right here." I grabbed his hockey stick out of my locker and tossed it at his chest.

He stumbled back and grasped it. "You are impossible." He sighed with a smile and walked out into the arena. I quickly finished tying my laces and followed him out.

Coach Reilly had everyone doing laps to warm up. I really liked warmups personally but Adam on the other hand liked getting to the game immediately. I watched as he skated around the arena with an almost slightly annoyed look on his face.

"Banks! Silverton!" Coach yelled our names from across the rink.

I whipped my head in the direction of his voice and was very surprised to see District 5- or excuse me, the Ducks' head coach standing next to him. Adam's dad was also walking down the bleachers to meet us.

I glanced at Adam and he shrugged. We slowly made our way to the side bench. Coach and another man were looking at a paper while Bombay smirked.

"What is going on here?" Mr. Banks reached everyone at the same time as us.

"Are you one of their fathers?" The man I didn't know asked. Mr. Banks looked at the both of us and then nodded.

"This is your address correct?" He showed Adam's dad a paper and then showed it to me. Mine and Adam's addresses were printed in tiny font on some sort of map.

"Yes that is."

"Well then I'm afraid there's no mistake. These kids can't play for the Hawks anymore."

"What?!"

"This is a joke right sir?"

"I'm afraid not you two. You're playing for the wrong team."

Adam and I exchanged horrified glances as my life as a Hawk ended. I forced out a laugh and opened my mouth in disbelief.

Bombay smiled real wide. "I will expect you two at our next practice. I'll have uniforms ready." With that he walked away chuckling to himself.

"I'm sorry but you can clearly see that the boarders..." Adam and his father looked at the map with the man and coach Reilly ran after Bombay.

I didn't know what to do. I was a Hawk. I always had been. Always would be. As much as these boys got on my nerves I loved them all. They were like family. And even though they would never admit to anything, I hoped that they felt the same way.

Adam walked over to me with a defeated look on his face. "We join the Ducks in two days." He said sadly looking at his skates. I set one of my hands on his shoulder and sighed. "I guess we better go tell the boys then huh?"