zero ▷ to get better

Talia had many things on her side. She was beautiful, talented, and had the ability to sell like no other. Further than that, Talia had another powerful thing on her side, she had the power of her last name, Fatu. There was a power that she had alone from her family heritage, coming from one of the greatest families to ever grace the world of professional wrestling- the Anoa'i.

Despite all of that however, WWE didn't know how to use her, Vince McMahon didn't know how to use any of their females contracted to them outside of that cursed glittery butterfly belt and cursed bra and panties matches. Talia was sick of it, sick of always being forced to be something that she isn't, to be a part of things that she wasn't comfortable with and didn't support. By 2014 however, after a flood of new talent came to WWE, Talia became prompted with an option that she hadn't ever truly considered before, leaving WWE. After seeing the promise of the indy circuits, Talia found herself leaving the only place that she had ever known and venturing towards other promotions. Not once has she found herself regretting it, all she recieved was success and she was better than she ever had been.

In the indy scene, the landscape was constantly changing and evolving. People came, and people left, people rose to the top, many held joint contracts, or were free agents, and there were many who made the leap to WWE. Surprisingly enough was Cody Rhodes who did the complete opposite, he leaped from WWE to the indy scene, and he had many things to learn as he went.

The independent scene is entirely different from that of WWE, and he had to learn the lesson the hard way that he isn't different than anybody else. Everyone is struggling and talented with only one goal in their minds:

to

get

                                                                       better.

SHANNYN SOSSAMON//TALIA FATU

↠ talia \\ THE DESTROYA 

CODY RUNNELS//CODY RHODES

↠ cody \\ THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE 

✧✧✧

This idea is NOT mine, it is from -mychemicalrollins, I am merely writing it!!!

I originally began this back in 2017, but I fell into a really dark place (I won't go into it) and for the last year have been writing on AO3 for other fandoms, but I really have missed being involved with the wrestling fandom, and wanted to get back into it! And I chose to do so with this story first.

Also, I have never read a Cody Rhodes fic that I like/think is good, so I don't have any reference whatsoever on writing a fic! him so this is really just uh... me going free for all and hitting or missing it.

I do want to redo and finish my Jeff Hardy fic one day, and as for my Kenny Omega fic, I might scratch it honestly. I plan on posting about it once more fans come back to actual check my account since I've been MIA for like two years, but the short story is: I feel uncomfortable doing it. It's hard to explain, but from what we know he is bi, and the Golden Lovers thing (whether you believe it is kayfabe or not) makes me uncomfortable writing a fic with him with a girl. It's not the fact that I mind writing fics of those who are in relationships (obviously) but it's something about the fact of writing one of him with a girl when we honestly don't fully know his sexuality is what makes me uncomfortable. No knocks to anyone who has written one or is writing one, it is perfectly fine is you want to, as from what we know he is bi, just personally I'm not comfortable doing it. Especially in recent days of Eugene and Dan's coming out videos, it especially pushed further perspectives on me.

Anyways, I hope y'all like it!!!

note- if anyone ever wants to make a cover p l e a s e

because i can't worth shit (as you can all clearly see)