before.

"Project Moonlark." A man dressed in a black, hooded cloak spat the words as if they were disgusting medicine.

The woman standing by him, rolled her eyes. She too, was wearing a cloak but her hood was thrown back.

With her blond hair in a perfect bun, high cheekbones, and blue eyes, no one would have suspected her of wrongdoing if not for the malicious glint in her eyes.

"Don't be stupid Fintan. This organization took decades to design the elf that could destroy or save the world, this is important-"

"-Excuse me Lady Gisela."

Another figure had appeared from the shadows. He spoke with a raspy voice that would bring shivers down a normal elves spine, or human for any matter.

"What is it, Brant?" She snapped.

"We must consider the alicorn DNA, it could affect her."

She waved her hands airily.

"Psh. She'll turn out fine. Or are you suggesting I have made a mistake?"

"No, no, of course not."

"I expected so. She will be raised here. Have we found an elf willing to raise the child? If not then it's Plan B."

The man in the black cloak shifted uncomfortably.

"Not yet."

"Hm. I suppose it's Plan B now. I hope you both remember it But do not trigger any of her abilities until I say she is ready. I have given her a photographic memory so when we bring her back, she'll have to be washed. And do not tell her who her biological parents are. I have asked them not to reveal themselves."

"Of course."

"Then what are you waiting for you? Start already!"

[5 years later]

The same woman with the blond hair and blue eyes crouched in front of a little girl. The little girl had chocolate brown eyes with tiny flecks of amber gold. Her sleek blonde hair fell to her shoulders, her hands clutched a rather thick encyclopedia.

"Hello there, dear. We've rescued you, and now we'll take care of you."

She plastered a smile onto her face.

There was a sniffle from the child.

"Where am I?"

She did not reply but instead, reached inside her cloak for a small silver device.

"Wash her memory and plant new ones. Don't leave a trace of anything that could trigger it.," she hissed into it.

Then again with the sickly sweet voice she said, "Now sweetie we're going to your new room come along..."

"But what about mommy and daddy and Amy?"

She did not reply but gently pulled the child away by the wrist.

"No more questions, it's time for you to meet our Washer."

The girl was clearly frightened but followed nonetheless.

And when they left the room down to a dark musty-smelling corridor, it seemed as if no one had ever been there.