The Son of Zeus

Eric would wake up, drenched in sweat, out of a nightmare. He got out of bed, and even though the room was warm, he was trembling. He wasn't sure if it was from cold or fear. He would get dressed, wearing a black Nike hoodie and a simple pair of dark blue jeans. He brushed his medium length black hair back and brushed his teeth as if he was in a hurry. Turns out, he was. It was 7:59 am, two minutes before his bus would come. Eric ran out, his backpack barely on him, and headed towards the bus. As it pulled over, he barely got inside before they'd close the doors. There weren't any free seats, so he needed to stand up the whole way. As he got to his high school, he sighed, fear had stuck him. Eric wasn't sure if anyone would be safe if he walked in. Defying his own senses, Eric walked in, hoping that this school would be the one he belonged in. Rows of blue lockers highlighted the dim-lit walls, and multiple faces stared as the teenager strolled by. Eric would flinch, still walking, and the lights would flicker. The students around him tilted their heads, confused. Then, one of them decided to grab Eric's arm. He scowled. "Let. me. go." Eric would state. "No can do." The student whispered in his ear. The one holding Eric's arm was a boy, a tall, muscular and broad-shouldered teen. Eric's eyes widened as he took a look at the student. He would ball his fists, anger growing inside him. "Let me go or you'll regret it." The lights started to flash, and one of the light bulbs shattered. The student didn't budge. "And you'll do what exactly?" He asked. Eric clenched his teeth and opened his hands. Numerous lights would shatter, and he reached up with one hand. Electricity from the lights would gather in his hand, his arm surrounded by lightning bolts. The presumed courageous student attempted to run, but Eric caught him by the back of the shirt. He put a hand on the teenager's neck, and let the electricity flow. The student's body jerked and fell to the ground. He was dead even before he landed. Eric fell on both knee's, his hoodie cap over his light brown eyes. The electricity escaped his hands and onto the ground. There was a field of buzzing volts of power around him, mostly on the floor. The others stared in terror, not a word was spoken, and no one dared to move. Eric got up, his face still covered, and still wearing his backpack. He strolled out of the doors of the school with only one thought.

"This ain't it."