Chapter 1

It all started with a crash. Just a simple accident sent Mr. Robinson to the ER. The Principle, Ms. Patterson, says he's been in a coma all weekend.  

I wake up to the drone sound of my alarm clock, and once I open my eyes, one thought enters my mind. Monday. Ugh. I get dressed, brush my teeth, and put on some makeup. I brush through my hair, then straighten my long, light brown locks. I step down the stairs, and grab my skateboard by the front door.

I leave a note for my dad saying I left for school. I feel the cool air hit me when I first step outside. I'm about four miles from the school, so it takes sometime to get there. After about a mile, I stop at my best friend Julia's house and wait for her outside. She comes out the front door with her backpack and a huge grin. "Alex!" She yells as we hug each other. I hate being called Alexis, I prefer to go by Alex. As we pull away she frowns, " You're wearing way too much eyeliner, you look emo." I roll my eyes at her and say, " Yeah, that's kinda the point." I hold my shirt out for her to see, "My Chemical Romance? Really?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders, "What can I say?" I re-adjust my black/gray jacket.

Julia walks by my side, as I skate board down the street. We are almost complete opposites, she listens to pop music and wears Victoria Secret PINK shirts. I listen to Alternative Rock and wear band shirts and mostly black and gray."Who do you think Mr. Robinson's substitute's gonna be?" She asks. "I don't know, I hope it's not that same old hag that yells all the time and substituted for Mr.Riley." I say and we both burst out laughing. "But seriously, do you think it could be some cute guy?" She asks. I shake my head and reply, "probably not."

We meet Tyler at the front of the school; he's our other best friend, we're like the three musketeers. We all walk in together, and go to our lockers, which are all next to eachother, and in the English hallway. I stuff my skateboard in my locker, struggling some. "Nice board." I turn around and see a face I haven't seen before. "Need help with that?" He asks, acknowledging the skateboard again. I stare at him for a little while, not  realizing it. Julia clears her throat, "Alex!" She whispers. I quickly snap out of my phase. "Oh, um..yeah sure." I say, as I step out of the way. He takes my board from my hands and stuffs it in my locker without any trouble. "Uh..thanks." I say. "No problem. Nice shirt by the way." He says as he walks away. My eyes follow him as he walks into Mr. Robinson's class. "Oh my gosh, Alex that's the sub!" Julia says as she turns to me. 

She and Tyler start laughing, "What?" I say. Tyler bends over from laughter and tries to speak, but isn't able to. "You liiikkkeeee him!" Julia says while wiggling her eyebrows. "I do not!" I exclaim as I slam my locker.

Julia and I walk to our first period that we have together, Tyler has a different class than us. We walk into science together and start yet another boring class.

Finally. Lunch. The best part of the day, where we can sit with friends and eat food that taste like shit. I sit at our normal table with Tyler. "Where's Julia?" I ask him as I set down my tray. "I think she's getting an extra credit assignment or something." I nod as I take a bite out of my salad. "Has anyone ever told you, that you look just like Avril Lavigne?" He asks. I roll my eyes and reply, "Oh my gosh, all the time!" And we both burst out laughing. Right at that moment the English Substitute walks by our table and sits down at the teacher's lunch table. As he walks over we make eye contact, for what seems like forever. He then sits at the nearby table, and turns away to talk to Mr. Evans, my Math Teacher. I feel my face start to grow red, and heat up. I look down at my salad, and start stabbing the lettuce with my fork, calmly. "Wait.. so you actually like him?" Tyler asks. Before I can answer, Julia interrupts us by setting down her tray. "Heeyyyyy guys!" She says over excitedly.