The Beginning

Fen sat quietly in a field and stared off into the distance, in a daze, lost in thought and flinched at a snapped twig nearby and she immediately sat up, a bit dizzy from the sudden movement but managed to steady herself as she whipped around to find out where the source of the noise came from. Fen wished so badly she had a weapon to defend herself with. But all she had was a metal arm which wasn't going to scare whatever was nearby, off. Finally, with the courage she could muster up, she called out.

"Hello?"

Her melodic voice echoed across the field. A breeze swept through the distant tree's as Fen took a step back, a loud snarl came from the bushes. Her eyes widened and she did the only thing she knew how to do,

Run.

She sprinted as fast as she could, praying to God she'd get out of the open area. A shot of adrenaline rushed through her as she heard a loud, ear piercing screech come from the bushes and sudden thumps hammering into the ground. She just wanted to scream and cry. Fen wanted to go home desperately. She wasn't paying attention and suddenly tripped, and fell hard into the dirt. She felt her heart drop as a massive creature came into view.

A glitch.

It was much larger than her and stood on its two legs, it's mouth full of disgusting saliva, dripping down and hitting the dirt. Some thing felt wrong since Fen knew it was once a user. A user that was killed by a glitch. It felt strange.. No one ever thought the zombie apocalypse would happen. Instead a glitch apocalypse happened.

Fen panicked and shot up off the ground, running even faster. She looked around , tears swelling in her eyes out of fear. "Please, please.." She begged softly. Could someone please be out there..? She hated this. She hated being alone and frightened all the time. She hated being hungry and hated having to constantly move around from place to place. Why couldn't she just be with her friends, sitting down and laughing. Why did everything have to be like this? "I'm begging you.." Fen prayed to herself harder. Finally, she spotted a large pointed stick, thinking her prayers have been answered. Fen immediately slid on the dirt and picked it up before she could pass the large stick. She twisted around to face the glitch. There was a sudden moment of silence between the two which was quickly interrupted by a loud scream that made Fen's hairs stand up and almost made her take another step back. But she knew damn well she'd die if she kept stepping back.

They both took a step foward at the same time, but the glitch was faster, ramming its body into Fen to knock her down. She held onto the front of its large green snout, looking into nothing. It had no eyes, or hands. It snapped at her stomach and grazed her black suit. Fen quickly heaved herself onto its back and raised the massive stick, the pointed end towards its spine. She drove it in and was knocked into a nearby tree by the glitch rearing back as it let out another eerie cry. It collapsed not long after. Fen cautiously walked up to it, taking the stick and using all of her strength to pull it out. She stared at the pool of green blood at her feet and turned her gaze to the blood covered stick and something snapped in her. It was them, or her. She wasn't about to die out there alone and scared. They were glitches. It didn't matter anymore if they were once users. They're gone. Dead. Only a bloodthirsty beast remained. Although she knew that it was always there.. But Fen believed becoming a glitch only brought out the beast in people. Showing how they really were. So she couldn't be merciful to glitches.

Fen knew that this was only The Beginning of something she knew would end up getting her killed. Whether it was by a glitch, or a user.