Angel of Dark & Light

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red..." Revelation 6:12.

An old, wobbly, worn-out wagon with a very squeaky left axle was being pulled by two sweaty, panting horses — one solid white with red eyes and another fiery red with dark black eyes.

And finally, the squeaking and shaking wheel came to a tremendously rolling-vibrating halt in front of this Southeastern Tennessee Civil War era-country mansion home near the outskirts of Springfield, Tennessee.

Back in 1863, the Ridge, which was an important location to both Union and confederate soldiers during the Civil War, played a pivotal role in a bloody campaign because it was strategically positioned overlooking the Tennessee River which served as a good location for surveillance on advancing troops.

Near here, more than 13,000 Union and Confederate soldiers were casualties of one of the bloodiest battles in the South. Many were killed, others maimed and suffered miserably from wounds sustained by gunfire and bayonet slashings.

And on this property is where thousands of uncooperative slaves suffered miserably in an old building and many were tortured and killed here in this now renovated-mansion home that used to be part of a slave house.

Prior to the Civil War, this property belonged to the Administrator of Obedience, or of Discipline (AOD) the person designated to discipline unruly slaves through brutal torture, physical and mental assaults, and other punishments designed to break their spirits so they would be physically and mentally incapable of resisting the very unfortunate circumstances of human bondage.

It's called wobbling. Running would be difficult after the AOD ties the slave's feet down and positions them between a board. He then bashes the ankles in with a hammer head mallet, breaking both ankles. It was considered one of the most violent and disturbing disciplinary tactics ever used by slave owners.

The time is 5:40 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. And the homeowner has no connection to the slave trade, and he is, in fact, a Christian who abhors the thought of human bondage and suffering, but his time is near and someone has to welcome his soul to the afterlife when his body dies of a massive heart attack at 18:05.

Just minutes ago, with a wicked wind asunder,  and a slight push in the air predicting fall's inevitability of change, the wagon had struggled desperately fighting against the wind and enduring heat, to climb the nearly 20-mile mountainous-gritty stretch of the Ridge, mostly steep upgrade, finally resting on a paved private driveway overlooking the zoom-zoom of cars, sounds of the busy East-to-West Interstate 24 thoroughfare system located about 10 miles down below.

Along the way, curious drivers had slowed down to take a good look at this very, unusual surreal scene, and all that rubbernecking had forced the vehicles into a slower pace than the normal 105 mph. After all, not only are the horse-and-buggy wagon travelers thousands of years out of time, but the riders' shadowy apparel is almost as eerie as a hooded Shaw, that would bring to mind a scene from a spooky Hollywood movie.

The driver appears as a tall, haggardly figure with a wide hat, white beard and long white hair. Sitting by his side, are a bow and arrow, a crown, and a whip, which he had used as an inspirational weapon to guide the horses up the Ridge.

Suddenly, he looked up into the sky because he heard an unusual humming noise, similar to a large winged insect. Hovering above him, about 200 yards to the northwest, was a Chattanooga, Tennessee JetPolice Force, which is the official name of the city's mobility police on a jet pack. It was the noise of the high-speed slipstream micro fans that gave him away, but the sounds of police sirens behind him, perhaps at a faster pace than normal, also caused a disturbance.