I'm Sorry

You looked out the window, the bright crescent of the moon catching your eye as you scanned your clothes for something to wear that night. It was his birthday, so you would have to dress up. There used to be a time when you would have wanted to dress up for occasions like these, but things had changed. Nevertheless,you put on your backless blue dress, the one he disliked seeing you wearing because it made other men ogle. You suppressed a sigh as you smoothed down the fabric.

I'm sorry. You're going to hate me forever, so why not go all out?

It had never been your intention to end things like this, but you couldn't wait any longer. Your plane flew out tomorrow and you didn't want to break up over text, so it had to be tonight. You had tried to break the news to him several times throughout the day to avoid having to even go to the big bash, but he had been too excited and you hadn't had the heart to break his spirit.

You sat staring at your reflection, lost in thought when the ringing of your phone broke your internal monologue. The smiling face of your soon-to-be ex-boyfriend flashed up on your screen and your stomach turned with a guilty feeling at what you were planning to do later.

With trembling hands, you picked the vibrating device up and swiped your finger across its smudged screen.

Trying to keep any hint of a tremble out of your voice, you answered, "Yoboseyo?"

"Jagiya!" Yoongi's voice came through, obviously excited. Your stomach churned with the thought that in a few hours, his smiling face would undergo a drastic transformation.

"Yeah? I'm on my way, just leaving my place now."

"Hurry, jagi! I want to have some time with you before everyone else arrives." His voice had taken on a suggestive tone and you almost let out an involuntary sob.

"S-stop it, Yoongi." You couldn't stop the shaking this time, but thankfully he didn't notice.

"Aw, is my jagi still shy even when we've been together almost three years now?" he teased you, completely oblivious to how you were feeling. The fact that he brought up your approaching anniversary did nothing but pile on the guilt.

You laughed weakly and made an excuse to hang up, hurriedly doing so. You threw your phone down on your bed before standing and walking to the wall, pounding on it to let out your frustration. Your blows got weaker and weaker as your strength left your body and in the end you slid down, back against the cool surface, face a mess of tears and mascara.

You sat there sobbing for too long, before getting up, emotions under control, to clean your face and apply more makeup. You changed into something Yoongi liked on you - you'd decided not to annoy him from the beginning of the night - and hurried out the door, realising you would not be able to get to the party venue before the first guests arrived. A part of you was relieved - you wouldn't have to be alone with Yoongi until later on.

As you pulled into the already crowded parking lot, you noticed a sign in the space next to the band's car with your plate number and the word 'Reserved' on it. With a pang, you realised this would be the last time you would get that privilege. You had to take a moment after parking your car to steel yourself for what needed to be done.

The party was in full swing when you finally walked into the highly decorated hall. Your eyes met Yoongi's as you surveyed the room, and your heart couldn't help but do a little flip at how good he looked.

His smile only grew bigger when he saw you and he excused himself from the company of his bandmates before bounding over to offer you his arm. He didn't even seem to remember that he had wanted you to arrive early.

"_______-ah! You're finally here! You look beautiful tonight." His eyes were full of love and appreciation and you blushed at the attention. Noticing this, he added, "I can still make you blush, huh? You're adorable, jagi." He wrapped you in a hug before starting to lead you over to the birthday table.