The Beginning

This is going to be written in the POV of Peter, the main character. He is a teenage boy that is about to experience something he would never have thought of.

It was 7 AM when I am woken up by my alarm clock, It's loud beeping already starting to give me a headache. I slam my hand down on top of it, knowing exactly where the button is to turn it off without having to look at it. Slowly, I open my eyes to stare at the ceiling, not looking forward to today. It's finals week. And it always ends up sucking for me. I decide to stand up anyways, thinking "If i'm going to fail, I might as well fail knowing that I tried."

Once I am out of the shower and fully dressed in my winter apparel (Making a small note here, this is a fantasy story, which means I dictate the season that school gets out) "It is the beginning of winter" I think to myself. I thank my mom for the breakfast she made, pancakes and bacon. She knew it was finals week so she wanted to treat me. I opened the door to walk to school, and I am surprised to find out that there is snow on the ground. I give a slight smile at the snow, winter being my favorite season.

I trek through the snow at a moderate pace. After about 3 minutes of walking I hear something. Something that sounds like a roar. I take a few looks around, feeling nervous. When it seems like it must have been my imagination, I take a deep breathe and continue forward, but something deep inside me says that is a mistake. . .