chocolata ta ta ta.

dedicated to MORDICAS.

yuna looked at her crush, feeling a little shy and hesitant. he was looking bored as always, and didn't seem like he was anticipating anything.

she held the heart-shaped pink box close to her chest nervously, her cheeks starting to match the colors of the box.

today, she was going to confess. and on valentine's day.

she messed with the ribbon on her head as she hummed a soft melody to distract herself from her embarrassment. she had spent the last night making chocolate for her crush, akaashi keiji.

he did not have anything special about him. all other girls looked for other boys and chased them; thinking that keiji was “boring,” or “always poker-faced.” yet, yuna found herself falling for the kuudere setter. his bored expression and his half-lidded eyes were always attractive to her, even if others thought otherwise.

his calm, deep voice was something she loved to listen to. he barely spoke to her, if at all; but she enjoyed listening to him speak to his teammates. it might sound creepy, but it isn't.

she asked bokuto to tell him to meet “someone” on the rooftop after school ends, and made him promise not to tell keiji who that “someone” is. bokuto did as told; and time passed by way too quickly. yuna did not even realize when the bell rang, but she was alarmed by her classmates leaving and she did the same hurriedly, heading toward the rooftop with the pink box in her hands.

she climbed the stairs fast, but her steps never matched her heartbeats in their speed. once she was at her final destination, her lungs begged for air, causing her to pant heavily.

"a-akaashi-san," yuna called out, grabbing the attention of the dark-haired male. he turned around and saw her, his eyes widening.

"i thought this was some kind of prank bokuto was going to pull on me; but turns out it isn't," keiji mumbled, sightly surprised.

yuna wanted to speak, but her words got stuck in her throat. she closed her eyes shut tightly, biting her lower lip as her cheeks turned into the color of red roses. she handed him the box, more like, shoved it into his chest.

he stared at the box and yuna motioned for him to open it. he did as told and found that the box had a ton of heart-shaped chocolates, with a little heart-shaped pastel pink card.

his eyes scanned the card carefully, now starting to comprehend the words and making meanings out of the letters written on the card.

to akaashi keiji-san,

i love you, so i wanted to make
these feelings reach you somehow.
that's why, i decided to give you
chocolate on valentine's day.
please accept my feelings.

- yuna.

yuna felt more nervous as she saw his eyes stop moving, signifying he has finished reading. she closed her eyes again, too scared to continue looking at him, especially that she didn't see his facial expression change.

but unbeknownst to her, the sides of his lips curled up, forming a soft smile. before she could realize it, his arms snaked around her and pulled her to his warm chest.

"that was very sweet of you, yuna-san. just like the chocolates you have made."