A Promise for lifetime - Part 1

"Well to be frank I wish to give a chance to our relationship" leaving Anushka stunned. "What's there to be surprised? We've known each other very well for years now, so why not take it to the next level?" he asked Anushka. "I don't know Pabsu.. I'm not ready for marriage really. I need time to think". "Ok take your time. You know right, I'm there for you always?" he asked expectantly for a convinced nod. "Yes" she nodded cutely making him chuckle at her cuteness. "Ok fine, I will take your leave then" he said crushing her in a comfortingly tight hug. "Take care sweety" he said kissing her temple and left a blushing Anushka behind. The hug and the peck felt different today. They set butterflies flying in her belly and made her heart leap bounds. Little did he know that such gestures were the onset of making sweety fall for him.

"He means so much to me, so much that i cannot fathom the depth and the why to it". She travelled to that moment to how they met and how it all started. They'd bumped into eachother at "Actofest", an event organised by Pune film institute. "It was a typical day, I was nervously excited about the "Actofest", and after all it was my only chance to pursue my passion of acting".

Actofest is an event organised for candidates looking to learn acting while pursuing career of a different stream. Only 4 out of the many applicants would win direct admission to the institute. Students across India participate in the fest and chances of winning are bleak. I was guided to the auditorium by the volunteers wishing me good luck. I was pursuing my Bachelor's degree in science from the Bangalore University, and like every other house, my family was also skeptical about my inclination for acting and modelling. And I was forced take a science degree. Days passed, but my dream for acting never stopped haunting me, and when I could no more contain myself, I decided to realize my dreams. And as if everything was to fall in place, my friend informed me about this fest in Pune. Who doesn't know that Pune film institute is the best across the country? Best and renowned actors are offsprings of this institute. I have always dreamt of becoming a top league actor one day, and if this was going to be the first step of it, I had to embrace the opportunity in its entirety. With these thoughts clogged in my head and phone in my hand, I knocked into a man unknowingly. His hands came to my rescue from falling; I straightened myself and gathered my floor-kissing stuff, but before I could thank and apologize him, the person left the place saying a muffled sorry. I assumed him to be just another nervous participant; I shrugged and walked towards the auditorium. Everything was so sophisticated about the institute, its intricate design and infrastructure gave a pristine feeling. I inhaled a lump of air and exhaled the double, settling in my allocated seat. Participants were alloted participant numbers and upon prior announcement, we were required to assemble at the back stage. Performances began with a welcome speech by a senior, followed by chief guests and lecturers wishing us luck. Along with my number two more numbers were called. I was thoroughly enjoying the performances and the tensions of results didnt hinder that. Participant number 4, the host announced, and a guy clad in black denim and a white tee walked to the dais. "Yeah, he is the same guy whom I knocked into early this morning". I waited for his performance excitedly, and to the surprise of the audience he performed his clue effortlessly, I was snapped out of my admiration with the hoots and cheers resonating in the auditorium. Only when a lone tear drop made its stay on my nervous hands, did I realize the gravity of what had just happened. Up next was me, I performed my clue, but unknowingly my eyes settled on those unknown pair searching for a reaction. And to my surprise he did a thumbs up sign, which comforted me beyond normal, I left the stage with a satisfied smile pasted on my face. I went straight to where he was seated and stood like a retard shaking hands with him as he did all the talking "So you are Anushka! Nice to meet you, I'm Prabhas". My motor mouth blurted "your performance was captivating". He blushed in response. After exchange small pleasantaries, we proceeded for lunch. Over lunch, we bonded over our dreams and passion for acting and spoke like long lost friends. Not only acting, but we discovered a lot of common interests, reading interests included. It was informed over the mic that the results were put up on the notice board and that the participants could now check their results. We rushed to the notice board, and to everyone's shock Prabhas' name was not in the list of winners. "This can't be" he started pacing frantically unable to register the result. My name was amongst the chosen four, but more than the happiness of being chosen, I was disheartened to not see his name. "it's ok yaar" I side hugged him. "Yeah.. I'm happy for you" he hugged back. "But I'm not, you were fabulous and outstanding, how come the judges didn't feel the depth of it". "Maybe I wasn't as good as you think, come let's go inside" he lead the way. We settled ourselves back to our seats; the post lunch was the valedictory ceremony. I was in no mood for anything; I kept worrying about Prabhas, who was seated exactly 2 rows in front of mine. The panel of judges took the stage and congratulated all the winners and encouraged us with a motivating speech. "So first time in the history of 'Actofest', one of the judges continued grabbing everyone's attention, "we have decided to award the best performer of the year's Actofest, and as a reward his entire course fee will be paid by the management" the judge finished. Listening to the announcement the entire auditorium started whispering. "We invite Mr. Prabhas Raju Uppalapatti to receive the award" said an excited judge. Before anyone could make a move, I screeched on top of my voice and started dancing, embarrassing myself. With eyes fixated on me and hearty laughs, the entire auditorium screamed of applauds for Prabhas. Prabhas hadn't recovered from the announcement and was rooted to his seat. I rushed to his seat, snapped a selfie of him surprised and me elated. The click sound brought him to life "Congrats Prabhas, see even they think you were extraordinary, now go take that award", I literally pushed him to the dias. But before he went up, he crushed me in his arms, and streams of river ran down my eyes. He rushed to collect his award and seeked blessings of all the dignitaries present. He was overwhelmed and gratuitude beamed in his smile. Even before he could step down from the stage, I grabbed his award and captured selfies with him. "Now tell me where the party is tonight?" I asked excited. He chuckled at my excitement, "Wherever you want" he said sweetly. "Okkkk" I said and we got settled in our respective places. "We are surprised to see such passion for cinema amongst people of different backgrounds", continued another judge. After his motivational speech we collected our certificates and left the institute after getting all the necessary details.