i

sahara

"why didn't you call me when you got home, sahara?"

"i just got in, i had a late day,"
i mumble as i push the door to my dorm open and toss the keys onto the counter. i hold the phone to my cheek with my shoulder and quickly change out of my uniform.

"we made a pact that you would call me everyday once you're home from work."

"yes, but ever since we made that agreement you've called me 30 minutes before i even get home."

i pull on one of cole's ucla sweatshirts and a pair of shorts before pulling my hair in a ponytail. i grab a pair of shoes and pick my keys back up.

"sweetie, you know i'm still not used to you living out of the house."

"it's been eight months though, mom."

i readjust my phone and unlock the door, stepping out into the hall. saturday's at usc are nothing short of stereotypical. party girls line the halls and wait to meet up with their friends before heading out for the night. their priority is dick, mine is beer. and dick.

"can a mother not have a conversation with her only daughter?"

i roll my eyes at her remark and head out to my car. glancing at the passenger seat, i see the 12 pack of beer i had been anxiously waiting to crack open.

"ma, you can't just call unscheduled. you know this."

"unscheduled?"

she laughs at my statement and i start my car. she takes this as a hint and speeds up what she was trying to tell me.

"ok, so your father and i have been thinking about coming up to visit. considering nathaniel will want to check out pepperdine, we could all go down to malibu in june or july."

i tap on the steering wheel of my car in contemplation and turn into the parking lot of the 'e' dormitories.

"tell nathan to text me, mom. i'm down as long as i don't have to pay for the traveling expenses."

i hear my mom scoff into the telephone as i grab the beers and get out of my car. i lock the door and grab my keys, making sure i don't leave any of my belongings visible.

"of course, we'd pay. let me give nathaniel a call and i'll settle everything out with your father. love you, har."

"love you, mom."

"oh, hun. say hi to ethan for me."

i grunt before hanging up the phone and make my way through the corridors of the oldest dormitory at the campus.

music can be heard playing from each room, a variety of sounds filling my ears. though, i recognize which room i'm here for and make my way towards it.

i knock on the door and it almost nearly swings open to hit me. i grin as i lift up the beer as if it were a trophy.

"hey hara!"

i am greeted by voices stretching all around the small room and i laugh lightly as i head over to the couch.

everyone is situated around the television and cracking open a beer. i notice sidney reach over for two cans and toss one to ethan.

our eyes meet and i roll my eyes before smiling and turning to luke. he's on his phone, as usual, and sipping from a coors light.

"sahara, when is cole coming down again?"

i groan at the mention of my oldest brother and think back to when he came to visit me over winter break and hosted one of the biggest frat parties the school had ever seen.

"i haven't talked to him in a while but nate's coming up soon to check out pepperdine."

"oh sick, let me know when. i want to hang soon."

my brothers were notorious at usc. after cole came here for his freshman year of college, he had set a party boy reputation for himself.

once my dad found out, he made cole transfer all of his credits to the university of california los angeles. cole is finishing up his junior year at ucla, but he comes down to visit once or twice a month- so it's like he never left.

"sahara, pass me a beer," ethan grins.

i reach for one and pull the cap off. i put the drink up to my lips and watch as ethan scoffs and reaches over me for one of his own.

"i hate you," he murmurs.

he takes a sip of the drink before leaning over the couch and watching me. i run my hands through my hair and smirk,
"we both know that's not true."

he laughs and sets his beer down on the table in front of me. a few of the nearby conversations silence and i watch in amusement as analisa struts towards the couch.

"since when does sahara buy the beer?"

she seductively leans over the table to grab one before popping off the cap. she looks around the room and stops at me, of course.

"since you decided we weren't worth your daddy's fortune," answers clara. clara and analisa were the two valley girls that never had to pay for anything because they were spoiled rotten. at usc, however, there's only room for one of those. hence why they despise each other.

"oh shut up clara, my fortune will be triple the amount of yours."

i wasn't sure where the conversation went from there because trey walked into the room and gained my complete attention. trey was probably the finest guy at usc, to me of course, and we were known to hookup.

college life means hookups: as in, i got hoes. over the fall break, trey transferred to usc and ya girl was his ambassador. let's just say we hooked up more than a couple times and we planned on it in the future. this "future" being now.

all i knew was, we were going on spring break soon and i needed someone to go with. everyone in the crew was gonna be booed up in the mountains for a week, so i needed to pick my boo. and i think you know who i wanted it to be.

-

IM HONESTLY SHOCKED THAT IM BACKED I JUST LOGGED IN FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE JUNE OF 2017 AND REALIZED THAt I HAD THIS DRAFT HERE!! YEP, IM WRITING ABT THE TWINS! NOT SURE WHAT CHANGED MY MIND BUT I'VE STARTED WRITING AGAIN..

I'LL B POSTING ON 2 ACCS NOW SO THIS ONE & MELAN1N WHICH IS MY TEEN FICTION ACC / I'VE GOT A NEW BOOK ON THERE SO IF U WANT TO READ SOME STUFF GON HEAD!!

WHOOP IM BAKK