Yuri Katsuki

The sun warmed Yuri's cheek, as morning rose across Los Angeles. The city reflected in his dark eyes, as he gazed, wide-eyed at his new home. He rubbed his sweaty palms on his black skinny jeans, his breathes heaving. He wished for the comforting, honest words from his mother, and father, but he was alone on this trip. At the moment, he regretted accepting the transfer, but the tall city lines, and glistening ocean was tempting. He bit his thick bottom lip, fighting the nauseous feeling in his stomach. 

"You can do this," he whispered to himself, his English rolling naturally off his tongue. 

Over the past three years, he had worked hard on mastering the English language, in hopes to travel to England during one of his figure skating competitions. Although he never did go to England, America was an okay second. However, he was nervous of not fitting in. He had always been very independent, and stuck to himself, but he wouldn't survive on his own for two years in America alone. 

Yuri wasn't sure why he had accepted the transfer. Something about traveling the world enthralled him, but that wasn't what drew him in. Thinking of America made his heart skip a beat, and his stomach flutter with strange butterflies. It was as if he had to travel to America because something was waiting for him. Looking out the window of the airplane, he could sense what that was. A new life waited for him here. 

"We will be landing in five minutes," a peaceful female voice hummed over the PA system.  

Yuri smiled, and looked down at the photos spread out on the empty seat beside him. He had decided to make a scrapbook, starting with pictures of his childhood, and ending with his upcoming adventures in America. He picked up a picture of him at about age six, at figure skating practice. His round face glistened with a bright smile stretching from ear to ear, as he posed for the camera. Figure skating has always been his escape.  Without it, he probably wouldn't be here today. It has been something that brings a smile to his face everyday. No matter how much he was bullied, or how miserable his days at school went, he still smiled, knowing he would be able to go skate when the day was over. 

Coming to America, he feared he would have to find a new escape. However, he heard there was an ice skating rink near his new high school. He smiled just thinking of touching the ice. Maybe this trip wouldn't be so bad.  

Hey guys, I hope you enjoy this new story of mine :)