Chapter 1

Yuri sighed, staring at the foggy sky. Was it really that late already? That wasnt surprising. When it came to reading he could get lost in a book for hours on end, and the only thing to snap him out of it was the librarian telling him it was closing time. He'd managed to borrow a couple of books though, and was currently clutching them.

Waking down the dark street, he didn't notice it at first. But when it did hit him, he panicked. The street lights were out. That wasnt normal, was it? He walked up to the nearest pole and stared in shock. The glass had been broken, a single hole surrounded by cracks, the light bulb smashed. A bullet no doubt.                                               Noises behind Yuri caught his attention. Turning, he froze. In the alley behind him a group of men, no, two groups were going at eachother. Gunshots rang out and within seconds one group was down.

The books in his hands dropped to the ground with a loud thud. A man near his end of the alley turned. Yuri's eyes widened as they made contact, staring into blue eyes sharper than a knife. He stood there for a moment before coming to his senses and taking off as fast as his legs would let him. He'd seen something he shouldn't have.

Victors POV:

Victor froze, staring into some of the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. Brown with flecks of black, they were dark yet wide in panic. The boy took off instantly. Walking away from his gang and the bodies, Victor reached the end of the alley and picked up the books. Phichit appeared behind him.
"What was that sir?"
"A witness"
Should we go after him sir?"
Victor deliberated for a moment. Opening the first page of the book, he noticed a small stamp in the left-bottom corner. It read:
"Chicago State Public Library: Science Section 3"
Victor let out a small sigh.
"Not just yet"