Alone

Your favorite book- Y/F/B
Your name- Y/N
Your sleep attire- Y/S/A
Eye Color- E/C
Hair Color- H/C
〜〜〜〜〜〜

I readily hopped into bed, opening my favorite book, (Y/F/B). I flipped to my place, and started to read.

The only noises apparent in the background was me reading, and the critters in the walls. I was so into my book, that I hadn't heard the phone ringing until there was a loud beep, and the answering machine started.

"(Y-N), are you sure you're alright while we're on vacation? We left you money and food and-" I picked up the phone and put it to my ear, all while still reading my book.

"Yes, mom. I'll be alright, I might only need the money if I run out of food anyway, and you know I don't eat that much." I answered the same questions for the thousandth time today.

"Well alright, I just wanted to check up on you." She said, with a caring tone. "Since it's about ten o'clock there, I'll let you get some sleep, you've got to get up early and clean the house."

"I know, I'll do it, I want it to be fixed up for when you guys come home." I answered, putting the book down.

"Goodnight hun, I love you, I'll see you in a week!" She sang happily.

"Goodnight, mom, see you." As soon as I could hear the little click on the other end, I ended the call as well and put the phone back on the table. As soon as I did that I hopped back into bed and pulled the covers over me.

Even though it was summer, the A/C was really cold. So it was either burn to death outside, or freeze to death inside, and I chose freezing to death. I closed my tired eyes and started to drift off.

Crash!

I awoke with a small gasp, still laying in bed, but my eyes adjusting to the darkness. Was that part of my dream? I shakily thought to myself. I heard nothing else after the crash.

It sounded if it had come from downstairs, from the living room. I mustered up the courage and rolled myself over to the other side of the bed. Reaching over to the underneath, I grabbed my bat, and sat in bed.

"It's probably just something that fell off of the shelf or counter..." I whispered to myself to try and calm down.

Setting my feet on the floor, I pushed myself up and held the bat with sweating, trembling hands, and made my way to the door.

What a stupid thing to do, ugh. I was trying to be brave, and reach the phone. Stupidly, I didn't take it into my room with me. My breathe trembled as I put my hand on the doorknob and twisted it a bit, pulling it back and opening the door into even more darkness.

I let go of the knob and pulled it back even more, careful not to make the hinges squeak.

I bent down a bit, walking slower, trying to remain as quiet as possible. I put the back over my left shoulder, ready to swing it if need be, which at most would be at anything suddenly happening.

I sheepishly checked the upstairs, and there was nothing to be seen, which was alright with me. This meant that I was safe. This was my domain, my fortress at the moment.

My breathing continued to get heavier until I held my hand over my mouth and nose, slowing it down a bit.

"I know that there's someone here." Someone with a deep and unfamiliar voice spoke.

A shiver went up my spine and I could feel my heart pound, even with me just sitting there listening. I could hear another voice speak.

"Then find them." It said.

Then there were two more voices. It sounded like they were conversing with each other.

Suddenly, out of nowhere.

"Boo." Someone whispered in my ear. I let out a small squeak and crawled away from the spot they were in.

I could hear them laugh in the darkness.

"Did I scare you?" He asked, flipping on the light, illuminating the spot we were in. They had a raggedy old brown jacket on, and a hat to match it. His skin looked hard, and rough. His eyes pierced through my (E/C) ones. After an eternity, he smiled, bearing his sharp, yellowing teeth.

After looking me up and down, studying my (Y/S/A), he called to the others awaiting in the darkness.

"I found her." He said rather sadistically.

I whimpered, gripping the bat, but knowing it was probably useless against this figure and the other ones coming up the stairs.

"Don't be scared-" He started walking towards me as I could hear the other footsteps approaching. I backed away a bit more, tears forming, and made a small sobbing noise. The man stopped, looking me in the eyes once more. My (H/C) hair fell in front of my face as I shook, not bothering to remove it.

The others reached the top of the stairs.

At this point, by the way they looked, I was so shocked, I did the unthinkable.

I fainted.