Chapter 1

Current mood ^

AN: To whomsoever reads this, I am sorry for wasting your time. Also i'm keeping it pg so if you're here for smut I can tell you now, I don't have any for you but what i do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over-

shut up

*ahem*

Sorry in advance for typos. Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two years Earlier

It was the darkness again. The only thing he knew, the only thing he was familiar with. He reached out, grasping at empty air, searching for some sort of life line that wasn't there.

Don't forget, don't forget, he repeated to himself inside his whirlwind mind. Although what was he trying not to forget? All he knew was once his eyes opened, he would never have the chance of knowing.

His eyes squeezed shut tight as he strained to remember something that was slipping away from him the further he fell into the black. A letter. A word. A... name?

"Hello, can you hear me?" A sudden soft voice seemed to slip its way through the darkness, a light. There was a light, focus on the light.

"The subject is coming to. Do you want me to initiate phase two?"

He reached out toward the light, watching wide-eyed as soft tendrils wrapped themselves around every accessible limb, pulling him towards itself.

"Subject CM-7, I want you to focus on my voice." It asserted, although the tempo of the voice was smooth, liquid-like.

Sleepy. He suddenly felt very sleepy. The voice could soothe him into a deep unconscious state, he was sure, and that thought alone kind of terrified him so he fought with all his might to stay awake.

"Listen to what I'm saying. You're currently in a dormant state but I'm going to snap my fingers, and on the third snap you will awaken. Listen carefully." Snap.

He felt a sudden drop in his stomach, as though he was freefalling off the edge of a cliff.

No, he tried to scream and flailed his limbs around, but everything seemed slowed down as though he was drowning in a pool of honey.

Snap.

That jolt again, except this time, the tendrils of light tightened their grip and he seemed to be moving faster now, gradually so.

The subject shook his head, eyes impossibly wide, body tense and awaiting some sort of impact. He wasn't ready. Not ready. Don't forget.

His mouth suddenly opened wide as he attempted to voice the one word that flashed through his mind before everything went blank.

Ge-

Snap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"G-Gerard." The breathy voice of Jack, Captain Gerard's first-in-command, shrilled through the boss' office quarters.

Gerard blinked up from the map he had been studying sprawled across his desk, annoyance clear in his tone as he ground out from between his small teeth a firm, "What?" Jack shook their head but Gerard continued with an, "I'm busy, Jack, I told you not to-"

"We found him." Jack interrupted, knowing better than to disobey their captain like that but this news was far too exciting to keep held inside any longer.

Gerard's eyes widened and he gasped audibly, lips parted. He blinked, disbelieving. Two years he'd been searching, to no end. Two years since he lost his best friend. Or rather, two years since he had been taken against his will.