Good Girls Don't Cry

Eva didn't really expect him to show up.

The invite was more out of courtesy than anything else, because they were...what, hooking up? Seeing each other? Actually dating? That last part was borderline laughable because this was Chris Eva was talking about. The Chris. Penetrator Chris. Fuckboy Chris. Been with pretty much all the girls in school Chris.

But he was also the Chris who didn't make fun of her when she mistook him for the wrong Chris. The one who greeted her nicely in the courtyard of the school that morning. The Chris who played into her flirting and told her that she was smart and that she was interesting. The Chris who comforted her during the party when she was feeling so down and so worthless and so pathetic. The Chris who was so gentle with her and kind and she took advantage of that kindness and kissed him almost out of spite because of Jonas. He leaned into the kiss but it didn't make it any less fair to him and to Iben and one of the things Eva was truly thankful for was being able to make amends about that momentary lapse in judgement with Iben, because she was the real victim in all this.

You'd think that she'd actually learn her lesson after that, but Chris remained Chris and Eva remained Eva and somehow they found a bond, a camaraderie of sorts in their messed up history together and somehow that evolved into the dysfunctional relationship they sort of landed face first into. One based on purely sexual attraction to each other. They didn't have anything to hide or a dark history the other didn't know about. They didn't have to pretend that they were innocent in any way because they'd seen each other at their absolute worst. But through that, somehow they created a bond that wasn't just a fling or a fleeting hook up in broom closet or a crowded stairwell.

And then it happened.

She invited him to a Kose party while their mouths were half preoccupied with exploring every inch of each other, hands roaming restlessly up and down their bodies. She'd said that fully expecting him to laugh and turn her down.

It took him a moment, as they broke apart from the kiss, her eyes finding his glassy eyed gaze on her, wanting her as much as she wanted him up against her.

He licks his lips almost out of habit before he grins his Cheshire cat grin. "Sounds very cozy," he says.

It takes Eva a moment of trying to hold back her own grin before she fails miserably and resorts to swatting his shoulder with the back of her hand. "Don't make me regret asking you."

"Chill, Eva," he says teasingly. "Fine. It sounds terribly boring and capitalistic and like something governed by market forc—"

Eva doesn't let him finish and starts smacking him again relentlessly, but she has a smile on her face and he can't stop laughing.

"You're an asshole."

"Yeah, but I'm your asshole," he says when Eva finally ceases her onslaught.

Eva's demeanor immediately turns serious again, her eyes all of a sudden finding the floor way more interesting that it really is and her fingers reaching up to tuck her hair behind her ear. She hates the nervousness that comes through in her voice when she asks, "So...will you come?"

Chris doesn't immediately answer and Eva can already feel her heart dropping into her stomach.

All of a sudden she feels one of his hands holding onto her hip reaching up to gently caress the line of her jaw with the back of his hand before using his index finger to gently guide her face up to look at him. "I'd love to," he says earnestly when Eva finally meets his eyes.

And Eva finds herself speechless.

Which lasts only so long before they're locking lips and grasping hips once again.