Separate Rooms and Broken Hearts

"Why did you do it?" she asked, her voice choked into quiet sobs and her eyes filled with tears.

It was a question I had been expecting to hear, but have been dreading to answer all this time. And for the first time in my life, I was at a loss for words. I took a beautiful girl who always blindly saw the good in me, and tore her apart, turning her into an empty shell drained from the inside out.

Why had I done it?

At that point, my sins and mistakes finally caught up on me and I found myself ending up in a quavering sob of self-pity, guilt and regret.

»»»»»

Luke never believed this would happen to him. Under no circumstances did he think he would cheat on Rosie. It wasn’t even for the reason that he didn’t love her – he did –truly, genuinely and passionately love her. It was the beguiling impression of sneaking about that roused him and made him feel unreservedly rebellious.

Would you hold on even if there's nothing left to hold on to?

»»»»»

Author's Note: Hi guys! It's been months since I last put up and religiously updated a story on here. I now come back to you with a new story! This is meant to be a short story, and I hope I'll finish it soon. I'll be posting Chapter One if people are interested in it, since I do need readers, ha. 

I'd love to see if you like it or not, so you can vote if this is interesting enough for you or leave a comment below so I can read your thoughts on this. 

See you soon. :)