ONE DIRECTION STORY CHALLENGE: under 600 words + STUNT

Harry stared out of the window. It was almost midnight and two hours after their show was over. The hotel they were staying in was fancy, but Harry didn't notice. He couldn't remember if they were in Wilmington or Dover. It was hard to keep track of where they were after just two months of the America tour.

"Don't worry about where we are." Niall said. "Leave that to management, yea?. Your only job is to play. Get out there and make our fans happy. Then you'll be happy too. Isn't that how the old song goes? Say.........aren't you supposed to be meeting that girl?"

"What girl?" Harry replied watching the snow. There may have been a girl, at some point. Maybe she was waiting for him somewhere, in some secret spot he'd told her to be after the show.

Niall laughed. "Another broken heart. Hahahaaaaaa! Courtesy of Harry Styles! You know, if you laid them out......toes to heads.....they'd go on for miles and we could walk on them to the next city!"

Harry couldn't hear him. He was looking at a cop pull some guy over outside. 12 floors below. It was a hell of a drop, yet Harry wished he could fly out of that window, land in that car, and say "Take me to jail! I don't give a fuck. Straight to jail! Do not stop! Do not pass go!"

"Cooome o-oo-nnn Harry!" Niall said "Let's get out of here. Go down to the hotel lounge. With any luck, we'll meet whatever girl you forgot".

"Yea great." Harry mumbled. "I can't think of a name or her face. I'm sure it will mean a lot to her when I pass her by like she's a ghost."

"Or maybe seeing her will jog your memory and we can bring her up here and host a little private party of our own." Niall's suggested with mischief in his eyes. Zayne, Louis, and Liam were exhausted and in bed. But they could get into party mode in seconds. So, Niall wouldn't be surprised if they stole Harry's forgotten girl away.

"Harry? HARRY?! Are you even listening? Maybe the girl you forgot is downstairs hiding in some luggage closet. She's waiting!" Niall offered.

"I'm not leaving this room." Harry said. "We're not debating this. There's nothing for me there." Harry said and turned to gesture down toward the belly of the hotel where people were waiting and ........wanting too much.

Niall was about to attempt to lure Harry again. Harry was the only one of the boys who could keep up with Niall's pace of debauchery and fun. But he was shocked into silence by something large and yellow flying past the window behind Harry's head. Five seconds later, came a loud, high pitched crack. Was that a gun? No. Glass? Maybe. Metal? Sounds like it, but.....

Harry and Niall both looked out of the window. It was sealed shut to minimize risk. They saw nothing. They heard. Shouts. The cop ran toward the hotel. More shouts. People. Traffic was brisk just seconds earlier, but now all cars were stopped. Flashing lights- very small. Cell phone cams. Harry and Niall recognized them. They both jumped when the phone rang. It was Louis. He wasn't asleep at all. He'd woken up, dressed and gone to the lobby looking for action. He found it.

"Holy shit! Ho-lee shit!" Louis shouted at the phone. "Some girl jumped off the fucking roof!! I'm sending you  a pic! Dude!!"

[THE END]