.:Chapter One:.

Brightly, the fluorescent glow of the moon reflected off of Alistair's chocolate brown eyes, before he averted his gaze to a lit, blazing fire, which caused pulsating shadows emit from its small aura of light. His brown, yet greying, hair just hung above his broad shoulders, softly blowing in the small gusts of wind. His legs were crossed, as well as his arms, his deep gaze still set on the fire.
     Closely, he listened to the deafening silence around him, before hearing the blaze crack once more.

Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, he heard a raucous growl from behind him. Wolf? Bear? Orc? He could only know if he turned to face the beast that emitted the harsh snarl.
     Bewildered, he slowly turned, only seeing the darkness behind him. He braced himself, patiently waiting for another noise, his eyes souly set in the darkness around him. Softly, he exhaled, producing a cloud of lingering condensation.

Slowly rippling, the reflection of the moon shifted in it's place, making it look like a disoriented circle of light, flickering in a deep abyss. Slowly, the ripples drifted towards the coastline of the lake, making Alistair turn once more.
     Whatever made that hideous cry, it was in the water; it was ready to attack.

Slowly and carefully, Alistair rose from his seated position, and glared into seemingly bottomless lake. Another harsh growl emitted, from behind him, but the ripples in the water told him otherwise. As the snarl echoed through the open space he was in, a dark figure arose from the lake.
     Alistair had no idea what it might be, it was just an anonymous figure, it had no identity. All he knew, was that it wasn't human. It had more of an animal form.
     Apprehensively, Alistair took a step forward, drawing his silver longsword. The swords had some dents, scratches; marks, but Alistair didn't care, it still did it's job. To kill.

The beast walked into the moonlight, finally showing off it's horrific features. The darting orange eyes, the blue rough scales, the sharp pointy teeth. The beast had needles for claws, sharp, but rather thin. Alistair couldn't pin point what the beast was, it was something that he had never seen before, not even in a book. Even though the beast showed it's face, it still had no identity.
     It took four steps forward, creating four loud thundering sounds, before making a sprint.

~

The four knocks were enough to wake Alistair up. "Hello, is anybody in?" A woman called from the other side of the door. Her voice sounded rather husky, maybe she was old, or just a heavy smoker. Either way, Alistair had to get rid of her.
     Due to him trying to be as quickly as he could be, he rose from his resting position, before walking towards his shirt and his pants. Both sets of clothing were rather voluminous, baggy, but they were well fit for a man like him.

Another four knocks came from the door once more, the same raspy voice coming from the other side. "Hello? I know someone's in there, I can see through the window!" She yelled, grumpily placing her hands on her hips.

Confused, Alistair questioned himself to why she was looking through the window, seeing him, but still knocked. 'If you can see me, why do you continue knock?' He thought to himself as he slipped on his smooth, cotton pants. The pants were well fit, not too tight; not too baggy. "I'm coming, miss!" He called out, in his deep Greek accent, before he grabbed his shirt, slowly putting it on.