Chapter 1

Alex p.o.v
I watch as my sister frantically flips through her science book. "I cant find it, oh god i cant find it" she practically screams, stressing herself out even more. I walk over to her and hug her tightly, her breathing slows and she calms down a little bit.

"What are you looking for ?" I ask her, trying to look at her science book. Her eyes meet mine, and i can tell shes worried. A tear runs down her cheek.

"I forgot my gluestick today at school. And now i think i lost a really important sheet of paper" she places two fingures on her temple, she looks so stressed and i cant help but feel stressed too.

"Its okay Spence, we will find it" she looks at me desperately, this shows me how different we really are. I dont give a damn about school.

"Have you looked in your school bag?" I ask her, her eyes go wide and she wipes her tears.

"I didnt think about that" she says, looking over too her school bag. I walk over and pick it up, taking a look inside. Wow shes really organised. I see a sheet of paper at the bottom of her bag. Science test topic and things to study is written on the paper, i guess this is it. I smile at her, holding the paper up. She smiles too.

"I found it" i hand her the paper, she hugs me and runs out the room. Probably too see toby, i watch out the window as she runs out our driveway. My phone buzzes.

Mona: heyy Alex, did you want to get starbuckssss ??
Me: OFC I DO X, be there in 5?
Mona: cant wait b x

I start walking towards starbucks which is just a few blocks from my house, its so peaceful outside. My eyes scan the area when i see a strange brunette lady watching me, what the-

"Hello there" she says waving, i give her a sarcastic smile and continue walking down the street, i watch her though. She frowns and looks defeated, i dont feel bad though.

I finally arrive at starbucks and see Mona already sitting in our spot. Spencer and the other girls arent really friends with Mona, well Hanna is. I feel a bit sorry for Mona, she tries so desperately to fit into our friend group. She will always fit in with me though, shes always there for me. I give her my cheesy Alex Hastings grin and walk up to our seat. (A/n Alex and Spencer dont know Mary is their mum in this, but they will find out ;))

"Hey Mona" i say, she smiles and gets really excited. It makes me feel happy, i never felt like i fitted in, with Spencer around its really hard, shes so perfect and im just Alex, im not good at anything..

"What are you thinking about?" She asks me nonchalantly, staring intensely at my face like shes trying to figure it out. I give her a soft smile.

"Nothing"

Spencers p.o.v
I watch Toby out of the corner of my eye, hes watching me. The other girls are here too, all except Alex...

"So girlssss, and toby... who are you going with to the ball" ali says winking, then she looks at Emily, i cant help but smile. Emily blushes then looks down, i laugh in my mind.

"I am taking spencer... er... that is if she wants me too?" Aw hes so cute, i walk up to him and give him a kiss,  earning a 'get a room' from one of the girls.

I feel bad that Alex isn't here, she never hangs out with us. Maybe I shouldn't have left in a hurry and asked her to join instead. I shoot her a quick text.

Messages

Me: aleeeexxxxx, I'm sorry I didn't ask if you wanted to join. I'm at Toby's just come round whenever.

Alex: its alg, there more your friends than mine.

Me: Alex please!

Alex: can I bring mona?

Me: whatever.

I look up from my phone, "uh guys, Alex is coming round and she's bringing Mona" the girls groan, all except hanna.

"We like Alex, I mean we don't exactly know her, but she hangs out with mona, and, only losers hang out with mona. Sorry, we know she's your sister and all" Alison says, with her infamous DiLaurentis eye roll.

"I don't know why you guys don't like Mona, she's really ni-" Hanna starts but is cut off by Alison "she's a loser, unless you wanna join the losers club then don't say any more" I feel sorry for Hanna, she's just really kind and doesn't like hurting people.

"Ali... when she's here... please be nice" Emily speaks up, Alison of course, nods and does her best to fake smile, she's always had a soft spot for Emily.

Toby's bedroom door opens and in walks Mona and an uncomfortable looking Alex, i frown at her.

Alex p.o.v

I do not want to be here. I watch as Emily and Alison flirt, the too seem really close. I watch the blonde admirably. She's so, I don't know, perfect?

"Stop staring at me" Alison says, snapping at me. Emily frowns at me.. I feel my cheeks heat up. I don't like the attention.

Mona looks at me, "who are you taking to the ball?" She smirks, I just giggle. I hadn't really thought about it. I dont really like anyone, not that i know of anyway. I look up from my hands and everyone is looking at me, waiting for my answer.

"Uh, well... im not sure" i look over to spencer, sitting on tobys lap. She has it all figured out. I look over to Aria, shes so cute. My heart races at the thought. She catches me looking and gives me a light smile, i just look away quickly.

"Do you like girls or boys" alison bluntly says, "just we can find you a date, you are spencers twin, and my half sister so" she smiles, i cant tell if its genuine or not.

"I- um well" emily looks upset "dont answer that if your not comfortable" she shoots me a soft smile, the truth is i dont even know.