It's Too Late Now... (1)

~Texting~

Haruichi: Eijun, there will be a party at Seido for Coach Kataoka's retirement. Do you want to join?

Sawamura: Yeah! What time?

Haruichi: Around 5pm.

Sawamura: Okay! I'll be there!

Haruichi: Also, did you hear that Miyuki is getting married soon? Who knew that he was going to be the first one, huh?

Sawamura freezes, rereading the text that Haruichi just sent him over, and over, and over again. With shaking hands and fingers, Sawamura begins to type his reply.

Sawamura: Is that so... Well I have some homework that's waiting to be done. I'll text you later, Haruichi!

Haruichi: Alright.

A thump is made as Sawamura drops his phone and immediately falls back onto his bed, grasping the sheets and searching for a pillow--or something--to hug and squeeze. His vision begins to blur, and Sawamura covers his eyes with his arm, attempting to stop the tears streaming down his face. It doesn't work. The pitcher begins to sob very loudly, luckily his roommate won't be back until later in the night. He grinds his teeth in frustration, thinking back to when Miyuki and him were so close to eachother, but yet so far. I knew I should've confessed before he graduated.

Just then, Sawamura jumps at the sound if his ringtone. He sits up and looks at his phone that's on the floor. "Kuramochi... senpai...?" The teary-eyed brunette picks it up as he wipes the tears off his face, then he clears his throat and answers the phone. "Yes?" He tries to sound normal. "Did you hear about the party?" "Yeah, I did." Sawamura responds, gripping his pants. I don't want to go anymore... "Are you going?" He asks. The younger male hesitates, deciding whether or not that he would actually go despite what has happened. I already promised Haruichi... "Of course I'm going! I wouldn't miss it for anything!" He attempts to sound happy and cheerful, like his usual self.

".... Is something wrong? Your voice sounds weird." Shoot! "Nothing's wrong, Kuramochi-senpai. Say, I've got to go. I have some homework that I need to finish. Bye!" Sawamura hangs up as fast as he can, then a sigh slips out from his slightly parted lips as he falls back onto his bed again. "I don't want to go..." Sawamura mumbles to himself as he stares at the cieling. "I really don't want to go..." He repeats.

* * * * *

~Texting~

Kuramochi: Oi, what did you do to Sawamura?

Miyuki raises an eyebrow as he reads the sudden text from his roommate.

Miyuki: What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to him, we haven't talked since yesterday afternoon.

Kuramochi: When I called him, his voice was raspy and hoarse, like he hasn't slept for a week.

Miyuki: Hmm, that's strange. I'm going to call him and see if he's okay.

Scratching his head, the megane goes to his contacts to search for Sawamura's number. He dials it, then waits. But only for a few seconds. As soon as he heard the first 2 rings, the call ended.

What?!

He dials Sawamura's number again, only to be declined once more. That's weird, usually it's the total opposite of this; he picks up right away. As Miyuki is pondering about what to do, he gets another text message from Kuramochi.

Kuramochi: I can't believe you...

Miyuki: Huh?

Kuramochi: You didn't tell him that you were engaged?!

Miyuki's eyes widen as realization hit him like a truck. Dumbfounded, he completely forgot that he was in a train and standing infront of the doors, so people were calling out to him to move. "Ah, sorry." Is all he manages to get out.

No... this can't be...

Fumbling to put his phone in his pocket, Miyuki dashes out the doors before they can close. Sawamura. Sawamura! Fortunately for him, that stop was his stop in order to get back to his dorm before midnight. If he stayed in the train staring at his phone looking like an idiot and arrives there past then, he would've gotten an earful from the landlord. And lucky for him Sawamura's University is only a few miles away from his.

Miyuki hails a taxi and stammers out the address of his kohai's university. All this time, Miyuki thought Sawamura would follow him to college, but he thought wrong. When he found out that night, that Sawamura was going to a different college, Miyuki couldn't sleep a wink for 3 weeks because of how shocked and slightly disappointed he was.

"Thank you! Keep the change!" Miyuki says to the driver as he hurdles himself out of the car. Running as fast as his legs can take him, he runs into the dorm building and to Sawamura's dorm room.

Please be here please be here!

Miyuki grabs the doorknob and aggressively opens the door, causing Sawamura to jerk up from his lying position. "M-Miyuki-senpai?!" He shouts, face becoming quite flustered but pale at the same time. It takes a while for Miyuki to respond, considering that he's out of breath because of running up a flight of stairs in order to get to Sawamura's dorm fast.

"It's not what you think!" Miyuki exclaims inbetween gasps for air. "What do you mean it's not what I think?! You're getting married and you never told me!" Sawamura shouts back while becoming teary-eyed. Other than Miyuki's phone beeping and vibrating in his jacket pocket, the room was silent. A deadly silent that Miyuki couldn't take. How should I explain this to him?

"Get out..." A small and hoarse voice says. "Get out." The voice repeats, more sterner than the last time. "Listen, Sawamura--" "NO! YOU LISTEN YOU STUPID GLASSES JERK! HOW DARE YOU GET ENGAGED AND NOT TELL ME!? I THOUGHT I MEANT MORE TO YOU THAN THAT!!" Sawamura yells, and Miyuki hurridly shuts the door because he forgot to. "Of course you do!" Responds Miyuki. "It's just that...." "Just what, Miyuki. Tell me, just what?!"

"... I love you."

*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*

Ayyyyyyeee that cliffhanger~!! Don't worry, I'll get karma sooner or later...

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.