Criminal Justice

Alica Warrent wiped her brow. Who would have thought that it would be so hot during the midst of spring. In Virginia no less! How could she possibly finish unpacking at this rate?

With a huff and a sigh, she threw down a box containing clothes. "Screw it!" she shouted, irritated. "I'll just lure a hot guy to finish bringing up my boxes.," she muttered as she walked out side of her apartment just as her very masculine neighbor came out of his. She marveled in his muscles. Sweet baby Jesus was he a hottie! Now it was time to put on the charm. "Um, excuse me...?" she called to him to get his attention.

The sex god, as she so wanted to call this man, turned around and flashed her a briliant smile. "Yes?" he replied cooly. She was frozen in place. Her "sex god" was her ex-boyfriend, Derek Morgan. Since when did he live in Virginia? The shock must not have shown on her face because derek took it has her being mesmerized. "Is there something on my face?" he joked and she frowned.

"No. No, um, I was really hoping to see if I could get some help bringing my boxes up to my room. You seemed fit for the job, after all you are...VERY muscular," she said, momentarily forgetting how to act.

Yes, her flirty and put-off self was just an act. Why? Because she knew that was what guys liked. She knew that since she had met Derek. He loved that type. She hated herself, at first. She could not stand to look at herself in the mirror because she was not herself. Now, though, she could care less. This was perfect.

"I hope you don't expect everyone to be kind to you," Derek told me and I smiled.

"No, of course not. It's just that you're very muscular and well toned. And I'm just not all that strong, the boxes feel like they weigh a ton," she told him, playing the weak card. She was actually very strong.

He smiled. "Oh, alright. I'll do it just this once but in return you've got to do something for me," he agreed.

He took the bait. She smiled at the thought. "What did you have in mind?" she asked him as she led him down to the truck.

"Drinks?" he responded and she laughed.

"Slow your jets, Loverboy," she told him. "I don't go out with any guy until I get his name."

"It's Derek, what's yours?" he answered instantly.

"Just call me A," I told him with a smile.

"okay, A."