Love Attracts

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Klaus, you can't just stare at someone and not expect to be asked what's wrong." 

"I'm just acknowledging your beauty and how lucky I am to be standing in Paris, of all cities, with you, Charlie." He smiles.

I smile in return. "Good answer."

We walk hand in hand around the star-lit city of Paris and breath in the cold air. As the lights change colour,  I feel a churning in my stomach as I turn to look behind me. 

Nothing.

Cal told me they would be here soon. He said it was best for me to set up this date with Klaus so I could catch them. The Arrows are known for creating large schemes, but why now? Venus and Krampus are gone, with both industries taken over by different people, what in the world would they be looking for?

As he is, Cal never specified what they could be looking for; he just told me it was important.He's already lying to me again. After the whole Krampus incident, he has already chosen to forget about how that turned out.

Well, it was good for me at least.

But that still doesn't explain why he sent us to Paris. Is he-

"Charlie, are you ok?"Klaus asked. A look of concern washes over his face.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I smiled. It was forced, but it would have to be like that for now.

After my reply, we walk in a comfortable silence and breath in the crisp air as we hold each other's hands. But then two shadows cross my eyes, running at an inhuman speed. 

"What was that?" Klaus questions. I simply shrug in response, concealing my look of terror from him.

"I need to go," I croaked. 

"What?"

That was his response before I took off running. The further I ran, the closer I get to the two shadows. But then I stop in my tracks. They stopped in front of a street lamp in an abandoned street. As I creep closer, the light helps outline two people. I step with caution, avoiding making any loud noises. 

I start to pull out a Capax arrow, the male figure speaks. "I would put away that arrow, Charlie," he advised, "we are no threat."

As soon as he says those words, both bodies turn to face me. As they do, the faces of Crystal and Cal are lit up by the street lamp. I drop the Capax and stare at them. 

"I'm sorry - what?" I blurted. No response.

"Charlie, what are you doing he - Cal?" Klaus queried. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Shhhh."

"Charlie, there was never any Arrows in Paris, " Cal explained, "I only said this to get you away from the service-"

"How long?" I interrupted.

"Two weeks," Crystal answered. "Now, if you excuse us, we have a date to get back to."

Klaus and I stare at them both as they walk back into the rich atmosphere of Paris.