Started with a rumor

“Did you guys hear the rumors about the baseball team?”

Kris stopped aggressively towel-drying his blond hair to look expectantly at Chanyeol. The boys on the basketball team weren’t usually big on rumors, so the fact that he was hearing about whatever this was at all probably meant it was going to be interesting. Most of the other boys in the locker room also perked up to listen. Chanyeol grinned.

“I heard that some guys on the baseball team stuck a baseball bat up one of their teammate’s butts after their practice yesterday. Somebody walked in on it.”

The basketball team erupted into gleeful cackling.

“Are you serious? Like just for fun?”

“I don’t know actually. It might have been like a gangbang thing.”

“I heard that, too.” A couple other boys nodded. So Chanyeol wasn’t just making it up.

Kris was intrigued. “Who was it?”

“I’m pretty sure it was Oh Sehun.” Chanyeol grinned stupidly as he pulled on his clothes. “He’s gay, right? And I’ve heard he’s a bit of a slut.”

Kris had heard none of these things. But he did know Oh Sehun. They had weightlifting together. He was two years younger and he seemed like a nice kid. Not that Kris had ever really talked to him. Come to think of it he had seemed a little lazier than usual in class today, sitting off to the side instead of jumping in on the exercises. Kris tried to remember if he had been limping at all.

Chanyeol hadn’t gotten tired of sharing yet. “I talked to the person who walked in and he said that it looked like he was enjoying it. My source also said there were like five other guys there.”

Kris didn’t really care about any of that. He finished pulling on the rest of his clothes as Chanyeol rattled off names of other baseball players, and his teammates speculated about sex and the baseball team.

On the drive home Kris decided that Oh Sehun was a good looking kid. Dark hair, broad shoulders, slim waist, intense eyebrows. He wondered what that face had looked like with something as big as a baseball bat shoved up his ass.

It turned out that Oh Sehun and the baseball bat incident was the talk of the school. The next day Kris heard about it no less than five times from various different people.

“So did you hear that the baseball team stuck a bat up some sophomore’s ass?”

“Yes I did hear that.”

Yixing snickered and punched his shoulder. “I bet if he can take a bat up his ass then he could even take that monstrosity you call a dick. Had you considered that?”

Kris felt his face heat up. “I had, actually.”

“This could be your chance, dude.”

“I’m straight, Yixing.”

“Then why have you hooked up with multiple guys? I’m not saying you don’t like girls. I’m not even saying that you don’t prefer girls. I’m just saying if you let yourself admit you’re not straight, then you open up a whole new realm of possibilities.”

It was odd to see Oh Sehun in the hallways and in class. He’d hardly noticed him before. Just another barely acquaintance who’s face he recognized on the way to lunch. Kris remembered that he usually looked bored and apathetic as he walked from class to class, all lazy swagger and easy confidence, but since the bat incident he walked around with squared shoulders and a death glare, like he was daring anyone to look at him the wrong way. Kris couldn’t imagine what it would be like to traverse the hallways of the high school with those kinds of rumors circling you. It must suck.