Episode One - The Quiz

((A/N: Hello! I'm here with a fanfiction for a wonderful game called Rhythm Heaven! This story is a collaboration between my friends and I, you'll see my name in the other stories as Doddles, as that is my YouTube name, which is were we met. The other writers names are stevethepiranahplant, SmasherLuna, and minenice55. I would love to thank them for being awesome friends and great fellow writers.  The way we got this idea was from a YouTube video,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XbGoF3EmZA ,without further adieu let's begin.)) 

Welcome to Rhythm High; a school in the world of Rhythm. Here, we meet Romeo Williams who is an RIQ student. That day, an inter-regional rhythm contest had been announced, and everyone wanted to join. However, students needed a club to take part. For more incentive, the winners would get a trip to Rhythm Heaven. It was said that whoever visits would improve their Rhythm Sense so much that they would never feel tired or weak again. Romeo, being the determined boy he was, wanted to visit the place. The mystery surrounding it was enough, but the legend? His curiosity got the best of him sometimes, and this wasn't an exception.

He quickly went to try out for many clubs. He first tried out for the Rap Club, but he couldn't rap as fast as the others. Then, he tried the Traditional Club, but alas, his knowledge of the Japanese culture was very limited. Afterwards, he went to the DJ Club. Sadly, he couldn't mix. To try something different, he tried the Cosmic Club, and although he believed his passion relating to space was enough, the members were displeased by the display of his "out-of-this-world" moves. He tried the Newspaper Club, but he couldn't match the interview or the photography skills of the other members. Before he could try out for the Love Club it was announced that the contest was starting.

Romeo was starting to get nervous. He really wanted to go there! If he didn't find any club, he'd just lose before he got any chance. But, he decided to go and watch anyway. As soon as he walked out into the soccer field, a voice announced the contest was starting

A white haired man with a strange blue skin was at the top of a stage. The crowds and the clubs gathered, listening to the man's speech. Romeo followed them, wanting to know what it was about, even if he didn't have the chance to participate. The man who had just spoken pointed at Romeo, "You there, boy, come up here and try the quiz out."

Romeo looked confused, "But sir, I'm not in any club."

"I don't mind, you can get up here and... be an example."

Just as he was about to step on scene, two platforms rose. The blue man sat in front of one of them, signaling Romeo to sit in front of the other one. A short jingle could be heard, and the blue man spoke:

"Alright, boy, this is the base of the contest. I will press these buttons, A or the directional pad, it doesn't matter. After that, you'll have to repeat my pattern."

"Without any music or rhythm cues?" Romeo wondered.

"Oh, no, no, what would be the challenge of it? I know you are outstanding students, so this will be a new and exciting challenge for you all!" the man was gesturing towards the audience dramatically. It was obvious this guy was a game host.

Mr. Game Host started pressing the buttons. Ha, this was easy, he pressed just three.

Romeo proceed to imitate the previous actions, but he slipped, smashing more buttons than required.

"My, my" the game host started, "Looks like you won't be passing, even if you were in a Club. Such a shame..." he put a fake sad expression, and faced the public.

"Alright! The first club will be the Love Club! Please step in."

In the next 45 minutes the various clubs went up. Oddly enough, the only students that did fail were leaders of a select group of clubs, the only club where the leader succeeded was the DJ Club, where DJ Yellow failed, making DJ Blue fail too as he repeated what Yellow did.

Romeo went home, disappointed. The great majority of his classmates were traveling to Rhythm Heaven, and he was staying there. Well, at least some of his friends (and his crush, Julia, but don't tell anyone.) would stay, so he wouldn't be as lonely.

What he didn't know however, is that the school would not head to the oh so promised land, but something entirely different...