Chapter 1

I finished the last line and I was done. 3 hours with mom and dad gone and it was amazing. They were your typical cliche fanfic parents. They are abusive alcoholics, and go to the club a lot. I set down the finished drawing of Vic Fuentes shredding his guitar and awaited my parents arrival.

In the meantime, let me introduce myself. I'm Skye Winston. Im 13 years old. Im not aloud to go outside, watch T.V or even have a phone. My parents protect me from everything. I have  manic depression, bulimia, and anxiety. Music and drawing is what keeps me alive.

Back to reality. The door quietly opens and the usual yelling doesnt occur.

"Anyone here?" an unfamiliar voice shouts throughout the house. I slowly back away into my closet, hiding in the corner.

Footsteps slowly approach my room and the door opens. A cop walks in with a flashlight. He looks at the drawing and around the room.

"I know there is someone in here! Its okay." he says, walking over to the closet. The cop peeks in and sees me. He holds his hand out to me. His badge reads Detective Laing. I take his hand and stand up.

"You're Skye, correct?" he asks. I nod and he brings me outside. My parents car was in the driveway and another cop car drove off.

"okay, so long story short, 13 years ago, a girl named Skye Fuentes went missing. Melissa and Jonathan Winston are being charged for kidnapping you. They will serve for
20 years or more. You will be returned to your family in San Diego, California. We have services to pack all of your stuff, but we ask to bring anything you might need at hand." A different cop said. She gave me a sympathetic smile. Fuentes... No, there are like, a million people with that lastname...but could it be?? I start breathing heavily, tears running freely down my cheeks. I walk into the house and grab my art bag, sketchbook, jacket, and tuck my blades safely into my front pocket.

I take one last look at my old room and walk out to the police car. San Diego was across the country. I was in Virginia. Oh this is going to suck. I have never had to deal with Jet Lag before and I dont want to have to.

--тιмє ѕкιρ тσ αιяρσят ιи ¢αℓι--

I look around, like a lost puppy looking for her mom. A professional looking lady walks up to me.

"Hi! Welcome to Los Angeles, California! Im Mrs. Stevenson and I will be driving you to your brothers house." Mrs. Stevenson says.

Brothers? I nod and follow her to her car. Its a cozy blue KIA Forté. The drive was about 2 hours before we actually got there. It was a regular 2 story house with a lot of windows.

"nobody knows we have found you yet so this would be quite a surprise." Mrs. Stevenson chuckled. We got out and walked to the front door. Who were they? Will they like me. When will I meet my parents?

"are you nervous?" I shook my head no. Yes. She knocked on the door. Lots of shouting and laughing was heard before the door opened. There stood Mike Fuentes. My brother...

"Hello, Im Linda Stevenson. The Police Department in Virginia was doing some investigating and found Skye Fuentes. Im sure you remember her from when you were younger." She explained. "We would've brought her to your parents house, but we figured they wouldn't be able to take care of her."

"hold on a sec" Mike said, before disappearing into the house. It wasnt long before he reappeared at the door. With Victor Fuentes. Is this real life? Vic rushed foward and hugged my fragile body tightly. I heard a quiet sob escape from his mouth.

"we thought you were dead." he whispered. Dead?

"she can stay with us. We will protect her " Mike assured Mrs. Stevenson, minutes later she was driving away in her car. Vic grabbed my hand and brought me inside.

"Wait till our parents find out!" Mike said and hugged me. "let us introduce oursel-" I cut him off by holding up my hand.

One by one I pointed to each. "Tony Perry. Jaime Preciado. Mike Fuentes. Vic Fuentes." I unzipped my black hoodie and pointed to my shirt.

"She has a nice music taste!" Jaime exclaimed. Tony and Jaime walked up to me, engulfing me in a hug, Mike and Vic soon joined.

--2 hours later, Vics P.O.V--

I brought Skye to my room and let her sleep. When I walked downstairs, Jaime and Mike were sipping beers and Tony was zoned out, thinking.

I grabbed a beer and sat next to Mike.
"why didnt you tell us you had a sister?" Tony quietly asked, breaking the silence

"We thought she was dead...."

Dead.