Opposites

It was the first day of a new year at high school. Some are excited to go back to school so they can see their friends. I, however, was not - i had no friends. I was what people called a "geek" just because I was good in lessons and I was smart and this somehow makes me a geek and uncool. The past 8 weeks have been great, I've been relaxing and reading spending some time in the sun. It had been great - I had none of the people that only talk to me when they need help with their homework or the answers to a test.

But now, I was going back, going back to somewhere I really didn't want to be. Getting out of bed was the hardest part, I hadn't even bought new clothes for today. I still had the same shirt, cardigan and trousers that I've always worn. I had to think of the positives maybe over the summer everyone's grown up and realised that even though I'm smart and well behaved I'm as nice of a person as they are, probably even nicer.

I got up, got ready and went out the door. I put on some music whilst driving to school. I pulled into the school car park and parked it in my usual space. Of course the jocks and cheerleaders were stood in the car park around their car. Don't make eye contact with them. They won't notice you - they never will.

I always dreamt of being a cheerleader, I admit it. I did try out once but my dreams were crushed when they threw me up and I ended up face planting. I think you can guess, I didn't get in. I tried to fit in, but I just stick out like a sore thumb.