Good End

You climb out of the car and thank the driver with a smile and a wave, thrilled that you are finally able to leave the cramped apartment. Your heart thumps in your chest from the excitement of finally being able to meet everyone, and you cover your face with your cool hands to slow the hot flush filling your cheeks.

You step onto the sidewalk leading to the venue and grin when you see Jaehee Kang waiting by the entrance to welcome guests that you had all worked so hard to invite. She glances briefly at you and turns her attention back to her clipboard.

“Welcome! Are you on the guest list? Could I get your name, please?” She glances back up at you with a small smile.

Ah, of course. No one knows what you look like yet. You feel a little disappointment, but amusement overtakes it and you put your hand over your mouth to hide a laugh.

She looks at you expectantly and you clear my throat to squash the giggle. “MC, in the flesh!” You grin and give a small bow.

Her eyes grow wide and her mouth splits into a grin. “Oh, my goodness!” She reaches out her hand and shakes yours vigorously. “I must apologize. I didn’t recognize you!”

“Ha, I would have been surprised if you did! We’ve only ever used the messenger app to communicate,” you say with a laugh.

Her face grows red and she laughs as well. “Of course, you are correct. Still, I apologize that it has taken us this long to finally meet. I’m so honored to finally see you in person!” She says, returning your bow. “Everyone is so excited to see you, but, ah,” she pauses. “Yoosung… he has not yet arrived.”

Your smile falters a bit. You had been hoping that he would be here to greet you right away. Only speaking on the phone wasn’t enough anymore. You’d only known each other for about a week, and you’ve never met in person, but you are still incredibly anxious to meet him.

“I’m sure he’ll arrive soon!” She continues quickly, giving your hand a comforting squeeze. “Anyways, please go in and greet the guests; they’ve all been awaiting your arrival. And considering how we’ve only had a week to prepare for the party, it’s turned out wonderfully. I’m amazed at how many people you managed to gather! I can see RFA’s future, and it looks to be bright.” She gives you another smile and shoos you toward the entrance.

You smile and make your way in, but before you get far, a tall man with long white hair pulled back in a stylish ponytail steps in your way. He places his hands on your shoulders and looks at you with a grin.

“Hey! Are you MC? Jaehee! Is this MC?” He spins you around to show her, his excitement getting the better of him.

Jaehee giggles and nods, a light blush spreading across her cheeks. “Zen! You look handsome as usual. And you are correct; this is MC.”

Zen spins you back to face him and bows, pulling your hand to his mouth and giving it a small kiss. “I guess I don’t have to wonder what you look like now. I’m so glad to finally meet you! You’ve done such a good job with the party, MC. I had no idea so many people would come!” He pulls you into a hug and you laugh at his enthusiasm.

“Yes, the turnout has been a pleasant surprise for me as well,” Jaehee says as she points at the door again. “Go in and meet the others. I’m sure they are all excited to meet you.”

Zen offers his arm. “A beautiful lady such as yourself should not be left without an escort.” He winks and you chuckle as you take his arm. We enter the ballroom, but are stopped again as another man exits.

“Ah, Zen,” the man says.

“Jumin,” Zen responds curtly.

Jumin Han glances down at you and notices your hand in Zen’s arm.