Untitled Part 1

I ride down the street on my bike, hair flowing back and out of my face. It's about 2:00 in the morning, and I'm supposed to be asleep in my room, but that doesn't really matter to me since this is an every night kind of thing. I ride to the park that's in my neighborhood, and hop off my bike, rolling it to the bench before setting it there. I go to the swings and sit, looking down at my phone. It's the end of Summer, and things are starting to cool down. The nights are getting longer, and the humidity is lowering. The usually hot and sticky air is cool and refreshing, and I sigh as I play some music on my phone. I run my fingers through my hair and look around, before closing my eyes and leaning back a bit, holding onto the plastic coated chains that hold up the seat on the swing set. I hear a beat that I'm not fond of, and go to change it quickly, huffing and narrowing my eyes a little at the music. A twig snaps near me and I quickly look up to see a silhouette with a skateboard approaching me. I can't see their face, even though I usually can, but I know who it is. I smile as Toby walks up to me and I motion him over with my head, looking at the seat next to me. He grins and sets his board down before coming over, and sitting, kicking his feet a little.

"How long have you been out here this time?" Toby asks me. 

I shrug and look at the clock before speaking. 

"I've only been here for a few minutes." 

I play with the vape in my pocket as I look at him, smiling, eyes bright, hair soft. God, he was so handsome. He stares back at me, and I can't help but let my face change into a cheesy grin like his. I lean in and press my forehead to his, breathing calmly. "I love you." I say softly, before pecking his lips and pulling back. "I love you too, Adrian." I grin and pull the vape out, taking a long hit before moving to press my lips to his for a shotgun. I breath out slowly, and close my eyes. After we pull back, I smile at him, and hum. He takes a hit from his vape as he gives me side eyes and a smirk. We continue to take long drags before eventually, we're high and giggly. CBD never really had much of an effect on me, but it sure did with him. He'd get more cuddly usually, and sometimes more sexual. It always depended with him.  Today it was cuddly. 

We've moved to the roof of a pretend house on the playground, laying on our backs as we take hits, his arm wrapped around my shoulders as I lay my head on his chest. The sky was so beautiful, but it wasn't as pretty as it could be. Only a few stars here and there. I trace shapes on Toby's chest with my finger, before taking another drag. "..Hey, babe..?" I speak quietly, even though nobody would be able to hear us. His eyebrow raises and he looks down at me, giving me a hum as to ask what was up. "Do.. you really think... we can leave..?" I asked, moving to sit up a bit and look at him. He goes quiet for a moment, before taking a hard hit from his vape and sitting up. He blows out a large cloud and sets his vape down, turning to me. I sit up as well. "Baby I promise you.. we'll leave this place.. it just-" He takes a moment to think of words to say. "It's gonna be hard... and we need to take our time planning it out and getting everything together.." He says, moving to grab my hands, before kissing my head. "I promise you.. once we get that ride and supplies, we're out of here. For good."