The Intruders

Rick was still yelling at Morty about Szechuan sauce when the garage began to shake.  Suddenly a bright blue portal opened up into the garage and two people - one man and one woman - stepped out.  Both were dressed in black, were carrying black backpacks, and were armed with what looked remarkably like rifles, but seemed more futuristic.  The woman had purple circles under her eyes and dark brown hair in a bun on top of her head, and the man appeared to be Asian with almost childlike face.  Their faces showed none of the expressions that might typically accompany black-clad armed intruders. 

"We need to talk," the woman said in a serious tone.  She looked on grandfather and grandson with a mixture of concern and disapproval. 

"Who the fuck are y-EUGH-ou and what do you want?" Rick glared at the two strangers, reaching for his weapon. 

"Forget about it," said the man, nodding to Rick's hand movements.  "We are portal-hoppers, similar to you in a way, and we need to talk to you.  Please comply with us." 

"Oh yeah?  Or w-EUGH-what?"  Rick asked in a skeptical and almost mocking way.

The woman slung her weapon over her shoulder and sighed in annoyance.  "Or nothing, Rick.  We are literally coming here and asking nicely for you to comply with our request for a civil conversation, or at least I hope it's going to be civil, up until all you damn morons exhaust my patience and I lose it." 

"Y-you know, Rick," Morty spoke up, opening his mouth for the first time since the arrival of the strangers.  "I think we ought to hear what they have to say.  They're not threatening us, or anything, y'know?" 

"What, so now you're the decision-maker around here, Morty?"  Rick turned into his grandson angrily.  "Have you ever once made a good decision in all the time I-EUGH-I've known you?  I've known you all your life Morty, have you ever in your entire lifetime made a decision that was even remotely a good one?"

The strangers looked at each other, then back at Rick and Morty.  "We get it, you're skeptical.  It's perfectly sensible, all things considered." the male one said, with a tiny sigh.  "I guess introducing ourselves would help.  You can call me Chen, and my companion here is called Leigh." 

The woman nodded at them.  "I'm known in other parts as The Matriarch, and you'll find out why soon enough, so feel free to use that name as well." 

"Leigh is going to go into the house and have a discussion with the rest of the Smith household," Chen continued.  "And I will stay out here and talk with the two of you." 

At this, Leigh turned on her heel and walked to the door.  Chen stopped her before she had gotten very far and held out his hand, into which, after making an unpleasant face, Leigh dropped her gun. 

"Thank you!" Chen called after her. 

"Whatever," she grumbled. 

The door to the house from the garage opened and closed as Leigh entered, and Chen waited a minute before turning back to Morty and Rick. 

"Alright," he said, setting the weapons in a corner and sitting cross-legged on the floor.  "Let's talk."

Beyond the Fourth Wall (Rick and Morty + Kuroshitsuji + WTNV....)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara