I Found

You breathed deeply, trying to calm your shaking hands. The man behind you gave a gentle push, startling you out of your peaceful quiet. "Go! It's your turn!" He smiled gently, giving you another nudge. "Yeah," You nodded, letting out a shaky breath, "Yeah." Straightening out your clothes, you walked out onto the stage. The crowd cheered when they saw you, not that you knew why. Today was the first day they've ever seen you after all. You smiled nervously and took your place in front of the mic. The lights dimmed and you nodded at the musicians behind you.

"And I'll use you as a warning sign,"

"That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind."

"And I'll use you as a focal point,"

"So I don't lose sight of what I want."

"And I've moved further than I thought I could."

"But I miss you more than I thought I would."

In the corner of your eye, you spotted movement, so you looked up to see. Your breath hitched as your eyes recognized the black and red clouded cloaks. But, you didn't feel fear, you never have. You scanned the group for one person. And there he was, staring back at you, grinning. You swallowed and opened your mouth to sing again.

"Oh, I'll use you as a warning sign,"

"That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind."

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me."

"Talk some sense to me."

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me."

"Talk some sense to me."

You made eye contact to him again. And again, the same, knowing grin. To anyone else, it would've been annoying, but to you, it was everything. How had they known to come here? No, that wasn't the right question. How had they gotten in? They were wanted criminals. Of course, you weren't complaining. You'd give anything to see him up close again, to breathe in his scent, to ruffle his surprisingly soft hair. But, for now, seeing his far away smile was enough.

"And I'll use you as a makeshift gauge,"

"Of how much to give and how much to take."

"Oh, I'll use you as a warning sign,"

"That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind."

You felt him staring at you, while the other members of his group subtly teased him. You smirked at him and his grin widened, showing off his sharp teeth. It was strange when you thought about it. You never thought you'd fall in love with anyone, let alone a criminal. And when you told your friends that you rather liked the man, back when he had still been in the village, they laughed. Which, of course, you soon found the reason behind. They thought that his blue skin, the strange eyes, and the gill-like markings underneath were funny. And, when they told you to stay away from such a strange man, you laughed. "How can I stay away from him when he's constantly in my head?" You had replied. And so you sought to be his friend, which soon turned to become lovers.

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me."

"Talk some sense to me."

And the sadness you felt when he left was like no other. But being told to kill him upon sight hurt more. So, of course, you didn't. You turned a blind eye whenever you saw their cloaks.

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me."

"Talk some sense to me."

It had been a year since then, and, during that year, you started singing in pubs, or in restaurants, hoping that it would help Kisame find you easier. Though, you didn't think he'd find you this quickly, or bring his friends.

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me."

"Talk some sense to me."

You felt a laugh building up from your stomach, but you suppressed it. The Akatsuki, previously laughing at Kisame, now stood staring at you. Hopefully because of your voice. And now it was Kisame that was laughing silently at them, pointing his finger at Hidan, who's mouth hung open. Your grin widened. You suddenly found yourself eagerly waiting for the song to end. So you can run up to him, to hug him.

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me."

"Talk some sense to me."

As the final note played behind you, the crowd erupted with cheers and claps. You bowed and left the stage, your fingers tingling with excitement. You turned the corner to your assigned dressing room and opened the door. As expected, everyone was inside, waiting for you. You beamed and ran towards Kisame, barreling into him as you wrapped your armed around his waist. He chuckled and gave you a tentative hug back as you breathed in the scent of the ocean that was coming off him. Suddenly he pulled your face towards him and planted his lips on yours. Hidan whistled as your face turned bright red. And, as quickly as it happened, he pulled away. "I missed you." he breathed, nuzzling into your neck. His hair tickled your face and you brushed it aside, your face still red from embarrassment "M-Me too." He lifted his head, looking straight into your eyes, "Come away with us." You mouth shot open, and you turned your head to face the other members of his group, who all nodded in approval. "Please?" You swallowed, nodding. "Yeah. Yeah, I will." Hidan and Deidara whooped in victory, but they were quickly silenced by Itachi. "But I'm not really good at uh, killing people." Kisame only laughed. "That's fine. I'll do the dirty work."

_______________________________

Phew! That was, for some reason really hard to write??? But I hope you like it anyways!

I still can't not do songfics lmao.

The song is "I Found" By Amber Run!!