I Fell... Hard

Scarlet, or Carlie to her friends, always helped her bestfriend out when he needed help.

"Carlie? Can you help me with something?" The aforementioned spoke.

"Yes, Eddie?" She asked. He looked at her, cheeks red.

"How do you get a girl to like you?" Ed asked. She looked at him for a second before speaking.

"Be nice. She has to convince herself as well, so do something nice for her. Get her flowers when she looks blue, just be sweet and take it slow. If she likes you, she'll return the kindness," she said.

"You sound like you speak from experience, Carlie." He looked at the red haired woman, looking deep into her ocean blue eyes that seemed to trap him everytime he looked at her.

'I am, idjit!' She mentally shouted. She looked into his brown eyes. 'If only you knew.'

She was dragged out of her thoughts by her bestfriend/crush shaking her shoulder. She looked up at the tall brunette in confusion. "What?"

His cheeks flushed. "Nothing, you just looked spaced..."

She took a second to process his words. "Oh...Oh! Sorry, I-"

"I should leave you to your thoughts. You've been spacing out for a while now. Have you been sleeping well?"

"Yes... No?" She laughed. He looked at her, shaking his head and chuckling.

"You are so weird!"

"So are you, riddles."

"I have to go now. Places to go, riddles to speak."

Carlie looked at him and smiled. "See ya later, riddles!"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ed's pov

He walked out of Carlie's office and walked over to the annex.

"Ms. Kringle?" He asked when he saw her lip-locking with Officer Dougherty. They looked at Ed, who had a horrified look on his face.

"Ed, this is Officer Dougherty. He's my boyfriend," she said softly. Ed looked at Ms. Kringle in disbelief. Why would she settle for a low life primate like Officer Dougherty? What's wrong with him wanting her affection? Didn't he deserve love too? He smiled, excused himself and left.

Small Timeskip

Ed walked into Carlie's office and sat down. When he fully observed the room, he noticed Carlie wasn't in her office. He picked up the telephone and dialed his office, hoping Carlie was in there.

"Hello?" He sighed in relief.

"Hey, its Ed."

"Oh, hey, Riddles,"  she chuckled over the phone.

"Can you- um... come to your office? I need to talk to you about something."

"Ed, are you okay?" He could her her worry over the phone.

"Yes, I need to talk to you."

"Alright. Ill be there in five minutes."

"Thanks." He hung up the phone. He was confused, pissed off, jealous, but for some reason relieved that Kristen had a boyfriend. He did not know why, but he felt that there was no hope for her.

"Honey, I'm home," he heard Carlie joke as she walked in. She spotted Ed sitting down, about to snap.

"Ed?" He looked up at her, and realized something. All this time she's helped me out and been there for me. How much she obviously cares for me... I know I care for her... but why couldn't I see it until now? What is wrong with me?

She looked at him, concerned. "Ed? Hello? Anyone home?"

"I love you," he whispered. Carlie looked at him, oblivious to his comment.

"Ed?" He looked up at her before getting up and walking closer to her short body. He looked at her with the same adoration you'd expect from a seven year old.

"I have glasses, yet I'm blind."

"Ed? What are you on about?"

"What three words are said to much, yet not enough?" He asked.

'Figures he'd say it in the form of a riddle.'  She thought for a minute before blushing heavily at the answer.

"Well?" He asked with a soft smile.

"I love you?" She asked, knowing the answer.

"Yes. I love you. After I saw Kristen lip-locked with Officer Dougherty, I looked back to when a special someone had helped me out trying to win her affections, when I should've paid more attention to the beautiful woman that helped me in the first place. I love you, Scarlet."

He only used her real name when he was serious. Eyes widening, he looked scared. Scared of rejection. She blushed and smiled before kissing his cheek, causing them to go bright red.

Smiling, she said,"I love you too."

He smiled and kissed her lips softly and passionately. "Ms. Scott, I-" They pulled away when they saw Jim Gordon enter the room.

"Ill, um. Give you a moment."

Ed kissed her once more before pulling her into a hug. "Im happy that Kristen has a boyfriend, cause then I wouldn't have realized how much I love you."

The end
Or not. Depends if people want a part two or not. Hope you enjoyed!