chapter 1

"i can take the next in line please!"
betty walks up to the cashier. "hello, can i please have a Cesar salad with a small bowl of tomato soup please?"

betty and archie have been dating for three months. archie has always loved betty from the moment that they met at riverdale high, but they didn't start dating until the beginning of the summer, three months ago. betty and archie are both attending harvard university. classes start in one week, and betty is very anxious and nervous. she has always loved journalism. she wrote for the school paper back in high school. betty worked with jughead jones, a former friend whom she has parted ways from. they were friends all through highschool, but he changed about half way through senior year. betty didn't even know who he was when she saw him roaming the halls and hanging out with people she had never even seen before.

"will that be all for you?" the cashier asks looking up at betty. "yes, that is all." betty says while pulling out her wallet. "that will be 13.67". the cashier says with a warm smile. the woman was very attractive. she was young, like betty. long, blonde hair and bright green eyes. she probably went to harvard, which was only a few blocks away. she looked like she was only 19 or 20.

betty paid for her order and waited for her food to be prepared. she was barely there two minutes when she heard her order called. she grabbed her food, taking in the amazing smell from the soup, and went and sat at a one chair table by the window.

betty was starving, so it didn't take her long to finish her food. while she was eating, though, she thought about the next four years. "i can't believe i'm actually in college" betty thought to herself. "college is so much different than highschool." that took a minute to take in. "i hope that archie and i will make it through these four years together. i really like him, and he really likes me". betty swallowed her last bite of salad, threw her trash away, and left.

*ding ding ding*
archie: hey beautiful, are you coming over tonight?

betty had just gotten in her car and was now digging in her purse to find her phone. she dug her phone out and read the text from archie. she chuckled and responded:
"of course! just left panera right now. i was starving. be there in 10."

so, betty drove away from the little restaurant and toward archie's place. it was just off campus, since freshmen aren't allowed to live on campus. it was only a 10 minute drive from where she was located.

betty turned on the radio, and believer by imagine dragons was on. "ooh! i love this song!!" betty said excitedly and turned it up even more. she danced while she was driving, enjoying the alone time. no one to stare or judge her. she didn't have to worry about that. betty liked that and wished she had it a little more often.

in what seems like no time, betty arrived at archie's place. she knocked on his door, thinking how she should get a key to his room, and archie opened it almost immediately.

"hey beautiful" archie said as his face lit up. he grabbed her and shut the door behind her and pulled her in to a tight hug. "i missed you so much" he said about 10 second later, hugging her tighter as he said it. "i missed you too" betty said, placing her head on his shoulder

archie smelt so amazing. betty loved his smell. his hugs were pure and comforting. they were perfect. his hands around her small waist, and her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. she could stay like this forever. after what seems like forever, archie and betty pulled loose from each other, and both exchanged smiles.

as they pulled away, betty thought to herself, "he really brings out the good in me."

----------
hey guys!! this is my first chapter for this fan fiction! i know there wasn't really any action or drama or anything, but i promise i will get into that VERY soon. this was kind of more like an introduction into betty and archie's relationship. comment below if you want the next chapter!! chapter 2 is coming very soon!!