When Shiro Disappeared

Shiro woke with a couple blinks. His head was throbbing. He tried to stand up, but lost his balance quickly. He leaned against a nearby wall and forced himself to think clearly.

The battle against Zarkon.

That was the last thing he remembered.

He had a million questions. Did they win? Is it over? More importantly, are his fellow paladins alright? What about Allura and Coran? Did they make it out okay?

And... Where was he?

Shiro looked around, trying to take in his surroundings. He didn't recognize the place at all. He was in a room with nothing but an old cot, which he had been in.

He needed answers.

Shiro left the room and found himself in a hallway. He walked around the area, trying to find something that might help, or maybe an exit. Maybe he could find a computer, he could contact Allura and Coran.

He didn't get very far before he heard a voice that made him stop in his tracks.

"Shiro."

He recognized that voice.

Shiro turned around and saw none other than his old friend, Matt Holt.

"Matt!" Shiro exclaimed. "What're you doing here? Where is here, exactly?"

"I'll explain everything. I promise." Matt said.

Matt ran towards Shiro and immediately grabbed him in a hug. "It's been so long. I was so worried something had happened. I missed you, Shiro."

"I missed you too, Matt." Shiro smiled warmly.

"We found you in the base earlier. You were out cold. I didn't know how you had gotten here or what had happened. I convinced the others that you weren't a threat, and I moved you to a cot." Matt said.

"We?" Shiro asked.

Matt nodded. "We're rebels. We try to fight Zarkon in any way we can. These guys freed me from Zarkon's prisons, and I've been with them ever since."

"I'm part of a team fighting against Zarkon, too. We have a weapon on our side. A weapon called Voltron." Shiro said.

Matt's eyes widened. "Voltron?! You're a paladin of Voltron?"

Shiro nodded.

"God, Shiro! We've only heard legends of Voltron. Just wait until the others hear about this." Matt said.

"There's something else, too." Shiro said.

"Yeah?" Matt said, inviting Shiro to elaborate.

"The pilot of the green lion..." Shiro said. "She's your sister."

"Katie?" Matt breathed the word in one short, faint exhale.

Shiro nodded. "She goes by Pidge now. She cut her hair and she wears glasses. I didn't even recognize her from the pictures you've shown me until she told me that Sam was her father."

Matt didn't know what to say, so he didn't say anything. Shiro sensed this and kept talking.

"You'd be proud of her, that's for sure. I know I am. She's smart and inquisitive. The green lion couldn't have a better pilot. And I know for a fact that she misses you. She hasn't rested on trying to find you and your father. She even went so far as hacking the Garrison databases to get information on the Kerberos mission." Shiro said. "She attended Garrison, by the way. She was on a team with Lance and Hunk, who are now also paladins of Voltron."