BOOKS REVIEW :1 TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE

This is the cover of the book. :-)

When i read this book for the first time , i was so much engulfed by the series of various life situations narrated in this book by the super talented American writer Mitchell David "Mitch" Albom

When i read this book for the first time , i was so much engulfed by the series of various life situations narrated in this book by the super talented American writer Mitchell David "Mitch" Albom . It actually helped me to look at my life in a different aspect, and i actually had that intense urge of sharing my experience with as much souls as i can.i am aslo aware that many of you mi9ght have read it and if you are someone whose love to read books related to life philosophies then you might also swear by this book for sure. Because this beautiful book really do have a deep impact on the lives of people.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR AND THE BOOK

THE ABOVE SHOWN PHOTOGRAPH IS OF MITCH ABLOM AND MORRIE SCHWARTZ

Mitchell David "Mitch" Albom (born May 23, 1958) is an American author, journalist, screenwriter, dramatist, radio and television broadcaster, and musician. His books have sold over 35 million copies worldwide. Having achieved national recognition for sports writing in the earlier part of his career, he is perhaps best known for the inspirational stories and themes that weave through his books, plays, and films. Mitch Albom currently lives with his wife Janine Sabino in Detroit, Michigan.

The book, Tuesdays with Morrie, was published in 1997, a small volume that chronicled Albom's time spent with his professor. The initial printing was 20,000 copies. As word of mouth grew, the book sales slowly increased and landed the book a brief appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show, nudging the book onto the New York Times bestseller's list in October 1997. It steadily climbed, reaching the number-one position six months later. It remained on the New York Times bestseller list for 205 weeks. One of the top selling memoirs of all time, Tuesdays With Morrie has sold over 14 million copies and has been translated into 45 languages.

Oprah Winfrey produced a television movie adaptation by the same name for ABC, starring Hank Azaria as Albom and Jack Lemmon as Morrie. It was the most-watched TV movie of 1999 and won four Emmy Awards. Albom and playwright Jeffrey Hatcher later co-authored a two-man theater play that opened Off Broadway in the fall of 2001, starring Alvin Eienstein as Morrie and Jon Tenney as Albom

PICTURES OF STARS WHO DEPICTED THE ROLE OF MORRIE AND MITCH IN ITS TELEVISION ADAPTATION HANK AZARIA AS MITCH ALBOM AND JACK LEMMON AS MORRIE .

Hank Azaria:

Jack Lemmon:

My views on this books and some beautiful lines and phrases which are mentioned in the book i would be mentioning here to

This beautiful book is written by american author Mitch Albom on how his meeting with his old professor Morrie Schwartz who used to teach him way back in college that is around 20 years ago and who have been affected by a brutal neurological disease called ALS. Y ou will be surptised to see how beautifully this old prifessor of Mitch teaches him to live life in hope even during the most adverse of situations.

We all have someone who changes our whole perspective of looking towards our life. This book ius completely filled with words of wisdom and beautiful philosohies of life. The best part about this book is that it is written in a very beautiful and simple and easily graspable language, which makes it more easy for us to read and adapt.

If you are someone who are just a beginner into the world of reading then this book would just be a perfect start for you. I can gaurentee that Mitch Albom would be included among your favourite authors for sure.

I would like to close my review by mentioning some beautiful and heart touching phrases from this book......

"The culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves. And you have to be strong enough to say if the culture dosen't work don't buy it."

"So many people walk around wiyh a meaningless life. They seem half asleep, even when they are busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to the community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning."

" if you really want it, then you'll make your dream happen."

"I give myself a good cry if i need it. But thgen i concentrate on all good things still in my life."

These are just a few beautiful quoted phrases from the beginning few pages of the book get your copy or burrow it, read the book and discover the rest beautiful things which have been mentioned in this book.

Hope this book review helped you gain atleast a little perspective on this book.

PS: Don't forget to share your valueable reviews and suggestions. Love you all.