||Prolouge||

Vigorously packing your stuff, and squealed in anticipation.

You were moving.

It was a town in New Jersey, and you were definitely excited for that.

Well, kinda.

In reality, it was rather nerve wracking.

You knew how high school was. It's brutal.

But you had a plan.

You heard from a long line of people about a revolutionary supercomputer.

A Squip.

It helps you in your school and social life.  Which, is totally great, because you were unprepared.

The plan was that you were going to pack up, move, and then stop by the Payless store in New Jersey. All before school starts, of course.

Which... was in about a week.

You made your way to the airport.

Your aunt lives in New Jersey, so it wasn't like you were on your own.

You failed to inform her of the whole Squip plan. And that was for the best.

Soon enough, you were on the plane and heading to your new home.

You watched the clouds pass by from the window. Yeah, it was pretty.

______________

You approached your aunt's apartment door, hesitantly knocking.

"Coming!" You heard a muffled yell from inside respond.

The door swings open, revealing your aunt.

"Oh my GOSH, (Y/n)! I haven't seen you since you were this little!" Your aunt made a gesture, putting her hand where your height was.

You hear that from about 99% of your family when you go see them.

It's a drag.

"Haha, yeah. It's nice to see you too." You gave a patient smile.

"Come in! Your room is straight through that hall. It's a pretty secluded room, so you have some privacy. Ya know, in case you have some guy friend!" She winked.

You mentally cringed.

But, that was also an advantage?

At least you wouldn't run into any problems-

You shook your head. You were not that kind of person.

"Ah, well, I'm going to set my stuff down, and then head by Payless in the mall. I need some ...new shoes." You fidgeted with the zipper of your bag.

"Alrighty. You need a ride?" She asked.

"No, the mall isn't that far from here. I need some exercise, ya know?" You said.