The story

They where In an elevator, unknowingly at the same time the terrorist known as "Sue" had struck. She had taken control of the building. And stopped the elevators. She was going to hold all of the people hostage and demand ransom.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

//CLACK// the elevator they where in dropped. A pulling sensation as if your bladder was being ripped out. She felt her hair rise. She slipped. She floated. She was so confused and scared. Terrified out of her wits.

//BANG// it stopped. Pain was all she felt as she dropped back down to the floor. Only her feet had risen but she still dropped hard. It hurt so much. She was in shock. She stood and looked at him. His handsome face. She knew it was the last face she would ever see.

Tears welled in her eyes. "we are going to die" she repeated over and over. She brought her hands to her face and sobbed. She ran her hands through her hair. And sobbed on. Repeating "we are going to die" "it's gonna drop". She fell to her knees. He must have been in shock.

He stared at her. He had always loved her. They were going to die. He needed to tell her.  But how. She was on the elevator floor crying. Hugging her stomach. "I feel sick" she said still crying, tears rolling and dripping on to her lap.

He bent down. "No it's okay." He said trying to soothe her. She didn't budge. He cupped her face with his hands. And looked into her eyes. Their eyes made contact. She was still crying. But it slowed. He leaned his face into hers. And closed his eyes. In a long silent Eskimo kiss.

He took her hands in his and tried to sooth her. She was shaking. "What is going to happen?" She asked hiccuping. "We are going to be okay. They will send help. Don't talk, just stay calm."

She leaned into him and their foreheads touched. Eye to eye. She calmed. And whispered "if you say it is going to be okay, it will..." he put his arms around her. A warm, fearful, loving embrace. It was all he could do.

//CLICK// the elevator dropped another inch. She screamed. They fell into each others arms. "WE ARE GOING TO DIE" she cried. He grabbed her shoulders. "NO WE WON'T" he said. And kissed her. A soft passionate kiss on the lips. She was so surprised. But kissed back. It was wonderful. And distracted from the current fear.

They hugged. They only had each other. No one was there to save them. They hugged as tight as they could. Sitting on the floor of a carpeted elevator.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖