Bonus Scene: Lou's Almost Kiss

I was sixteen when it happened. I was asked on my first date by James Brown at lunch. I always thought that he was interested in Leah, but I guess not. He came to our table and sat down right next to me.

"Hi Lou. You look great today. How are you?" He asked me.

"Ahh, thanks? And okay, I guess." I responded wondering why he was talking to me.

"So," he took my hand, "I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tonight. We could maybe go out eat and then for a walk?" He questioned me, not even looking nervous. I looked over to Leah for help and she was nodding her head vigorously.

"Sure, I guess so." I responded nonchalantly.

"Great! I'll meet you at 5:00 tonight." He said and kissed my hand before leaving. My face turned a whole new shade of red.

"Ooo! You're first date and he's cute!" Leah squealed and I rolled my eyes at her.

When school let's out at 3:00 I rushed home and scrambled to find something to wear.

"Someone's in a hurry." My dad said when I bolted into the house.

"Hi daddy!" I say, as I kissed his cheek. "Soo, I have a date tonight!"

"Really? Is he a respectable young man or should I be worried?" He says raising his eyebrows.

"Honestly, I don't really know. I've never really talked to him before but if he tries anything I'll call you." I tell him sincerely.

"Okay honey, I trust you." He replies. Man I love my dad. We are super close and I don't know what I would do without him.

I go get ready and throw on some skinny jeans with a camouflage sweatshirt. When I head down stairs my dad gives me a smile.

"You look great, honey." He says with a smile.

"Thanks dad." I say as the doorbell rings.

I answer it and James answers the door.

"Hi Lou, you look," he looks me up and down, "ahh nice. Ready to go?" Wow, that's the best he could come up with. I roll me eyes.

I run over to hug my dad. "I might be back soon, I don't know about him. Love you!" I tell him and he shoots me a wink.

"Be good to my daughter," he sternly tells James, "and love you too honey!"

I waved goodbye and we head out. First we stop to get ice cream and then take a walk in the park. There is pretty much awkward silence the. whole. time. We sat down on a park bench and he finally spoke.

"So..." he said.

"So." I replied.

He started to lean in and I thought he was going to kiss me until he said the stupidest thing a boy could ever say.

"Hey, you and Leah are good friends right?"

"Ahh, yeah. Why?" I asked, already knowing where this was going.

"I was wondering if you could set me up with her?" He asked me and I was raging.

"Really? You're using me to get to Leah? No I will not set her up with a worthless piece of shit such as yourself!" I rarely swear, but I was mad. I got up and started to walk away.

"Well I'm glad, I would never date you, it's not like you have anything going for yourself." He responded in a snarky voice.

Before he could say anything else I walked up and punched him in the face.

"Now you don't either." And I walked away smiling.

I went home that night and talked about it with my dad. He was fuming but I told him not to worry. We watched TV for the rest of the night and I ate ice cream. Man I loved my dad.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! That was the first bonus scene before Lou's dad got in the accident. I really hoped you enjoyed it! Pleaseee vote my story! Love you guys!❤️❤️❤️