Ch.1 - A Dream or Reality?

Thunder sounded outside North Italy's house.

The Italian nation laid awake in his bed trying to calm his nerves. The thundering sounds brought back painful memories that relapsed his past trauma.

"I-a wish Germany was-a here." Feliciano thought out loud.

His brother South Italy was spending the night at Spain's house and Germany had matters to attend to with his brother Prussia. Japan was most likely with America. The Japanese nation had mentioned some type of huge anime convention.

The last thing Feliciano wanted was to be a burden. 

Lightning flashed, illuminating the room. Thunder sounded shaking the nation's core. Tears pricked his eyes, but he tried to stay strong.

After a hour or so of silently crying North Italy finally fell asleep.

However his sleep was not exactly peaceful.

Nightmares clouded his mind and sorrowful despair laced his dreamy state of being.

~~~~

Whenever he remembered his mother the image was always blurred. He had been so young when she died.

Nonetheless the blurry memories brought him comfort. He thought she looked beautiful, like an angel. Her voice would softly sing him and his brother to sleep.

Was it possible to miss someone you barely remember?
For him it wasn't the memory, but rather a connection he felt within his soul. 

Images of his mother were soon followed by memories of his older sister.
She was the personification of a unified Italy.

When her two brothers were born she knew that her empire and time on earth was coming to a close. Yet she fought to protect her two younger siblings and died to protect what was most precious to her.

~~~

Suddenly the memories flashed like the lightning outside and turned Crimson.

"Wait! No!" North Italy scream in his dream.

He could smell a sickening metallic scent and his blood ran cold.

Screams echoed through his head and the roaring of fire turn anyone around him to mere ash until it was silent. It was carved into his eyes as he was unable to unsee the horrors.

He felt lost and alone.

This is when he heard a nullified voice that warmed his very soul. He couldn't make out what it was saying, but it was so familiar.

"Feli----- I'm h---."

Feliciano sank to his knees and salty tears ran down his face. He didn't understand. It hurt so much.
His tears turned crimson  and everything other than the voice was a blur of immense pain.

The voice remained blurred out.

"Don- --y."

Looking down a black hat laid before him sitting in a deep puddle of scarlet blood that ran across the fabric.

"Holy Rome?" Feliciano's voice was a weak whisper, as he said a name that felt taboo.
Yet the words fell from his lips, as if they had been stained with a forbidden kiss.

The voice suddenly became clearer.

"I love y- Feli----o.  I -m sor-"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly Feliciano jolted up. He was awake and the storm outside continued to rage onward.

He recognized the voice yet couldn't understand why he would dream of that time.

His lips felt oddly warm and there was a place next to him that looked as if someone had been sitting there. This feeling was reminiscent.

He couldn't decide if it had all been a dream or reality.