Yato x Fem! Reader. || this song kinda reminded me of noragami and i've always wanted to write something about yato and the reader so why not a oneshot?

WARNING(S) ; first song-fic = extra cringy, ooc yato-ish?, not edited, I TRIED TO MAKE THIS ANGSTY BUT I SUCK AT ANGST SO THIS REALLY ISNT COUNTED AS ANGST.

I used to be so happy
But without you here I feel so low
I watched you as you left but I can never seem to let you go
'Cause once upon a time you were my everything
It's clear to see that time hasn't changed a thing
It's buried deep inside me but I feel there's something you should know

Celebration. They were all celebrating. Yato, Yukine, Kofuku, Daifoku, and you. But you knew that this was all going to end soon. The laughter, the smiles, it was going to end, and why you ask? Well, that's because you were going to ask Yato to cut ties with you today.

You didn't really want to cut ties with Yato, believe me, but you couldn't risk being a half-phantom for much longer. You were in your last year of high school and were on your way to becoming a young adult sooner or later. Not to mention that this year was getting harder for you than the rest.

So having Yato cut ties with you once and for all meant that you would have to worry less about all the things that were happening between you guys. Besides, you knew that you would have to move on from him later on and start focusing on your own life.

"Hey, Yato." You said quietly, facing his way to make sure you were looking at him straight in the dark blue orbs of his.

"Yes, (Name)?" Yato said sheepishly in a rather loud tone, making a few people around you look at the both of you. He didn't really mind, he just grinned as he wrapped his arm around your neck.

"Let's cut ties."

And with that, everything fell silent.

I will never forget you
You'll always be by my side
From the day that I met you
I knew that I would love you 'til the day I die
And I will never want much more
And in my heart I will always be sure
I will never forget you
And you will always be by my side 'til the day I die

Yato looked down at the ground, once again. It seemed like that was all he did once you left. He felt empty inside, because he loved you. He loved you so much and knowing that you were gone now made him become more of a mess.

He remembered everything you had told him.

The first time you guys met was in the winter. You had just got out of school when you spotted him, he seemed cold so you gave him your gloves. "It's not much, but I hope it still helps."  And in that very moment, he knew that he would love you for eternity.

And then there were the rest.

"Believe me when I say this. I will never forget you, Yato." You silently whispered to him, loud enough for him to hear. A dark pink color was left dusted on both of your cheeks.

"I'll always be by your side. So don't stress yourself okay?" You smiled reassuringly, taking his hand and giving it a light squeeze. The both of you looking deep into each other's eyes.

But the memory that stuck out most was this one. The only memory in his head he wished he could re-live once again, one last final time.