Prologue

A man hidden by a black cloak with dotted with white and lined with red strode across the castle halls, the screams of criminals as their heads were chopped off by the executioner, his eyes clouded by past memories, blind to the world around. The man climbed upon his silver throne a massive window over looking it, making his pale skin gleam, red eyes glowing with a pleasure for blood. The man smiled, teeth... fangs, almost glowing as guards flung the castle doors open with a screaming thief and she was chained to a guillotine, and the man shot a sheet of ice at the thief struggling figure, paralyzing her. Beneath the guillotine lay a golden bowl, dotted with blood splatters. Once the executioner's blade shot through the thief's neck, a long stream of blood poured out, into the bowl, nearly filling it. A middle aged maid picked up the bowl, scurrying toward the man, allowing the man to drink the blood, licking his fangs. As he drank a messenger came through, and held out a small paper with a message. As the man read it, his eyes blazed a storm of fury. His voice was in harsh declaration. "I decree that everyone, peasant or royal find the fabled Zeus. When he is found, I wish for his skull to be plucked from his head and gifted to me, and I want his blood to run rampant with Florence, and his blood must touch my lips by closest year."