Destiny

Deep in the mountains of The Dark, where not even light can trespass, where only dark and death remains. Blood-thirsty demons lurking in the tall dead grass, ready to pounce on you. Only death awaits you. The only person would dare to live in this such place: Lord Baron. Once serving the mighty king of Lemuria, but later on turning out to be nothing more than a mere betrayer. He was caught suspiciously sneaking out of Lemuria, and seen dealing with the dark merchants. The dark merchants are evil and dirty, always full of trickery, they are also the master of the dark arts. They were strictly forbidden to talk to and to go near to. Then receiving the cruelest punishment, he was to be banished to the mountains of dark and death. As the years past slowly, he plans on a full-scale invasion taking revenge on Lemuria, taking the throne for himself ruling the whole of Lemuria.

            On the deep dark night, when the betrayer Lord Baron was declared that he was banned from the kingdom of Lemuria for eternity. When mysterious mother carried a crying child to the castle of Lemuria from the boarders of the Mountains of Dark and Death. Blood dripped from her legs from the pain-staking distance, as her body had reached her limit, she dropped down on her knees. She was a mother that would did anything to keep her child away from evil. With the last of her breath and will, she shouted “Help!”. The ruler of Lemuria, King George, hid in the shadows carefully observing the situation. He felt very condolence for that mother, for rewarding her will and efforts. He knew that he needed to protect the child, and to keep the mother’s pride. As stooped to collected the child from the mother’s soft hands. His mother suddenly spoke “His name is Will” she croaked. The king felt the utmost respect for her. A mother who would sacrifice their lives for another. She died as an honorable mother.

            The Will’s father lived as a hero, died as a warrior. He fought during the war of steel. The sound clashing steel echoed off the whole battle field, filled with swords made of steel, cannons made of gleaming metal. The blood of people spilled to the ground, warriors fell and died. During the war, his father fought countless soldiers. Fighting over to protect his kingdom and his family, his heart dying to see his new born son the urge was so over-whelming that it flowed on every blood-stream within his body. His urge soon turned to courage and strength, which gave him the might to battle on. But as his strength and courage deflated. His body weakened, then suddenly he felt the pain surging through him. He was stabbed at the back of his head. He fell, and died. As the war was ending, the lives of the people was ending they crumpled and fell to the ground and to realize that war wasn’t where a person should die. The feeling of regret was just too late. The color of red filled the whole battlefield, the mass of dead bodies was the result of a wrong decision. The war of steel had finally ended. 

              Will, son of the hero. May have a different fate from others, he may be different. But as long he is who he is, being different may turn into advantage for him. Until then, being different than other people is nothing more than a obstacle in life.

             In the castle of Lemuria, Will was in a small but decent room lying down on his bed day dreaming again, thinking about what his parents would be if they were alive. He thought his father as a mighty knight, in a gleaming and polished armor. A sharp long sword, with a jewel on the hilt a symbol for honor and bravery. Then riding on a fully armored battle horse, charging to the enemy’s front line. Fighting like a hero, as powerful as a guardian. Almost unbeatable. 

           His mother, wearing a simple yet elegant white dress, smooth as silk. Her young face with a pair warm blue eyes, and her sweet-scented long brown hair falling from her shoulders. Her smooth hands, was just like silk. As graceful as a princess. How he longed to see them, he wanted to be by their side once again. He wanted to see his parents for once in his life.

           Will’s dream was to become a knight just like his father, a mighty warrior, fighting for a cause, for his kingdom and for his love. Unfortunately, he wasn’t much of a muscle man, he was thin small but very quick and agile. In the middle of dream, his friend Sam suddenly gave him a friendly punch to snap him out of his dream. Hey! Will cried "I was having a wonderful dream and you here just woke me up!" Sam was confused because he was about to tell him that dinner was ready. Sam ran out and room and charged down the corridor, sitting at the dinner table waiting for the others to come. Will slowly got back to his senses, standing up and slowly walking to the end of the long corridor. As he sat on the table, Sam whispered “Hey did you know that tomorrow is“Training Day’?” Training day is when each person chooses their place in the kingdom. You can either chose to be in the department of research, or to be a knight. That night, as Will lay sleeping, he was thinking about what he should be.

             The sun shone on his face slowly creeping across the room, slowly warming the place. As Will woke up, he had made up his mind he wanted to be a warrior.  

            "Come on Will! Act a little more lively will you?" Ariel, a young, sophisticated and beautiful girl. She flashed a smile at Will as he blushed at the moment, he made attempt to return the smile, but ended up as a failure. Will himself was was so nervous about today that he could barely eat 

           As they lined up to ready to chose their masters. Will stood there, the ghostly wind sent shivers down his spine, he was afraid that the master he chose would not accept him as an apprentice. 

            As King George himself walked across the line, seeing to each of them. Most of them remained confident only except Will. “The Masters are ready! Chose them wisely, because you will be with them forever!” yelled the King. Sam stood next to Will, also wanted to be a knight. He was perfect to be a knight, he has good muscles, powerful legs and a tall body. Sam was confident that he was able to be a knight. “Don’t worry Will, you’ll be fine” whispered Sam. 

           Ariel stepped out first, “I want to be the Department of research, apprenticed to master of knowledge and research!” Said Ariel loud and clear. The master - Aron stood ahead of the master’s line, studying the girl. He had made up his mind, “It would be my honor to take her under my wing” Said Aron. Ariel leaped up in happiness, over-whelmed by the fantastic news. But now, it now was Will’s turn, “Can I enter battle school sir?” he spoke weakly.

To be Continued....