Jayden

Jadyn hated her life. After her dad died, her mom remarried. Terry was the nicest, sweetest, funniest stepdad anyone could ever ask for. And she hated him. Always trying to be her friend, always getting her gifts, even a dog. He was horrible. Granted, the dog was awesome, but she liked to think of it as a bribe. She had two new stepbrothers, Matthew and Nathaniel, or, as everyone else called them, Nat and Mat. And they were twins. Identical twins. It was just wonderful living with those two. She already had a little brother to deal with. Now she had three. Not to mention an older brother.
"Hey, Dad says it's dinner time and to come get you-" Matthew burst in.
"Stop. First, KNOCK NEXT TIME! I could have been naked! And second, he isn't my dad."
"Well he is."
"Technically, he isn't. He's my stepdad. Not my real dad. Now get out."
"But it's dinner time-"
"I'm not hungry."
"Are you sure? It's spaghetti and meatballs, which your mom says is your favorite."
"I said I'm not hungry. I also said get out."
"Jayden! It's dinner time! Stop being rude to Mat and get down here for dinner!" Her mom called.
"Come on Blue, dinner time." Her German Shepard, named after her favorite colour, got up from his bed and followed her downstairs. A few minutes into dinner, when everyone was about halfway through their meal, (besides Jayden. She had only taken a few bites and now was only picking at her food, silently fuming at everyone) Jayden's mom stood up.
"Alright everyone, we have a very special announcement!"
"You're getting divorced?" Asked Jayden sarcastically.
"No, and that's not even funny."
"You're having a baby?" Asked Bryan.
"No-" but it was too late. Everyone started clamoring and yelling names for the new baby.
"Jack!"
"Greg!"
"Hannah!"
"Brendon!"
"Emily!"
"Jack again!"
"Quiet!" Yelled her stepfather. Everyone stared. He was always cool, calm, and collected. He never raised his voice, and definitely didn't yell. "No, we're taking a family vacation to Honolulu. We've rented a private plane to fly us. It'll be fun."
"Like, Hawaii?" Asked Mattew.
"Duh Hawaii" answered Nathaniel.
"Yes, were going to Hawaii. And we have been thinking about a baby..." She trailed off.
"Nooo! No babies. I can barely handle Mat and Nat." She said pointing to the twins.
"Actually, I'm Mat."
"And I'm Nat."
"Or am I Nat and you're Mat?"
"No, I'm definitely Nat. I think."
"My point exactly," she said, facing her mother.
"Or is my name Pat?"
"And my name Saint Paul McCartney of Wickerton?"
"No. No it isn't. So after dinner, go pack your bags for a week of fun in the sun!"
"Do I have to go?" Jayden asked.
"Yes. Go pack." And that was how Jayden ended up sitting on her suitcase and mouthing profanities at her mom, stepdad, stepbrothers, and whoever thought up the idea of remarriage.