Chapter 1: You.

It has been almost a year since you became an Avenger. You were sixteen when S.H.I.E.L.D first contacted you. You helped them a lot doing some intel work and data coding, that for some reason S.H.I.E.L.D didn't have people for. You always wanted to ask why they couldn't find someone older or with more experience, but you didn't want to stop helping, so you never bothered asking. Among everyone in the team you were one of the youngest members. It was fair to say that when the Avengers had first asked you to be part of the team, you didn't believe. All of them tried at some point; the first one being Tony Stark. 

Flashback

You were training, hard, like you always did. When you were finished and ready to leave, you saw Tony Stark grinning your way, folder in hand. Surprised to see the billionaire, you glared at him trying to figure out why he was there standing against the doorframe while a seventeen-year-old trained. 

"You shouldn't train that hard, you could hurt yourself, Sweetie," he said with the same grin on his face.

"Mr. Stark," you said a little annoyed at the implication that you could possibly be fragile. 

"I'll make this fast. We need you, Y/n, to join the Avengers," he had said it as if it was something normal to say to someone.

"I... excuse me, but what?" You were stunned at his words. You couldn't wrap your head around the thought of being asked to become an Avenger, it was too surreal.

"Well, you see, I was doing some 'research' one night and  somehow I ended up looking at your reports." He had started to approach you, the hints of a smile on his lips. The folder you had eyed earlier was, what you now had guessed, your reports. 

"First, you hacked S.H.I.E.L.D? Again? Second, Why me? It's not like I have superpowers or anything remotely interesting about me," you exclaimed, eyebrow raised at him.

"Yes, and yes. To answer your last question: Romanoff, and Barton don't have powers either, but they have great abilities when it comes to combat, and they have party tricks too. You, Y/N, with what I've read, you are at the same level as Romanoff in IQ; both of your reports have great feedback from Fury, and we all know that doesn't come by easily. You can have your way with coding without being detected, and just with your phone. You would be great with your intel alongside me, and I'm sure if you're up to it, you can easily be trained to be just as skilled along everyone else so you feel more comfortable in the team." Tony's voice had turned to a serious one the minute he had entered business mode.

"Well, I really appreciate you coming here and telling me all of this, but I don't know what to say. I don't feel like I'll fit in the role of an Avenger, but I will let you know," you said while grabbing your stuff. You wanted in, but you just didn't feel ready nor it felt right. God! You were friends with Natasha and Clint. If you'd said yes, it would had been so much fun to be part of the team and being able to hang out with people you looked up to.

"Well, never had anyone rejecting becoming an Avenger. We would really like to have you in the team. Call me when you have an answer," Tony said before extending a hand for you to shake.

"Will do, Mr. Stark."

End flashback

You didn't called him back. They didn't reach out to you until a month had passed. The next time around, they had decided to try with heavy weapons—Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff.