Not so alone anymore

Chara's POV

Ugh, it's been so long since I've been in the presence of another living being. I've been stuck for what seems like an eternity in the dark abyss i had grown to know. If only i could escape, but no matter where you go, the darkness follows you. You can run for miles and get nowhere, so, I've learned to stay still.

 That paci-freak still has yet to do a genocide run. I've seen that little blank faced idiot spare every monster in the underground over and over while stuck in the solitude of the void. Sometimes I would see them kill something only to reset and dash all my hopes that they might finally go genocidal and give me a change of pace. Ultimately, they would end up sparing all the monsters and I would continue to sit in solitude. I'd like to say one day I would wipe that look of their face, but it seems that all emotion has already been wiped clean.

 I sat in that dark room for days with nothing in sight, until one day. I saw some sort of rift in the void. I slowly walked over to it and cautiously put my hand in. It felt weird but it didn't hurt so I took the opportunity. It was like traveling through a wind tunnel until suddenly, I was tugged by an invisible force and ended up back in the void. *Fuck.* I thought as I looked for another exit.

 I couldn't find one, but I did notice someone in the distance. A confused look crossed my face as I walked towards them. As I got closer, I noticed something. *Oh, it's the paci-freak.* I thought as my confusion turned into annoyance. They seemed different though. For once, they were smiling. They had an nice smile but that didn't really matter.

 "What are you doing here?" I asked with a bit of hostility in my voice.

 "I should be asking you the same thing." they retorted in the same harsh tone, crossing their arms.

 I was not amused, was this stupid pacifist trying to act tough? "Tch, whatever you stupid pacifist." I said

 "Um, do my ears deceive me? Did you just call me the pacifist? Last time I checked, you were off befriending all the monsters while I sat here to rot until you finished a genocide." they shot back. 

"Is this some kind of joke? You've literally just explained what I've been doing since you fell to the underground." I said.

 At this point, we were both annoyed. They closed their eyes and placed their thumb and finger on the bridge of their nose and sighed. "Look," they said, placing a hand in front of them and looking at me. "I dunno what's going on here, but all this back and forth is getting us no where but on my nerves so let's try a different approach. Hi, I don't know if you know this already or not, but my name is Frisk." They said in a calmer annoyance, holding out their hand for me to shake. I took it and spoke. "Chara." I responded.

 "There, now we're finally getting somewhere." observed Frisk. "Now," they continued."How the fuck did you get here?"

 "That was the very first thing I asked, shouldn't  you tell me that first?" I countered.

 "I don't feel like arguing, so alright." Frisk started and brought up some sort of live video feed. "You seem them down there?" Asked an impatient Frisk. I nodded. "They brought me back with their determination. I have been trapped here ever since they fell to the underground. I've been waiting for them to start a genocide so I can take over and have my own fun."

 The video feed started zooming in on the person. My mouth Gaped and my eyes widened as I got a closer look at the person. They looked exactly like me. "Yes, I know, you're identical so it's needless to say why I thought you were them. Probably not by chance, you two have the same name. Now tell me how you ended up here with me." Frisk asked again although this time it was more of an order.