You're Really Here?

Rose took a deep breath and muttered, "Well, 'ere goes nothin'." Slamming her hand down on the electric yellow button that was her ticket back to her home universe.

It had been sixty years since she and the Metacrisis had been left behind on Bad Wolf Bay, sixty long years of marrige and Rose not ageing. They had found out after about ten years had passed with Alex (the name the Metacrisis chose) ageing, but Rose looking as young as when they first met back when he was ears and leather. Alex figured that it must be Bad Wolf keeping her young.

And so, behind Rose's back, he began rebuildng the Dimension Cannon so she could return to the Time Lord Doctor. He didn't want his precious Rose to watch every one she loved wither away and die like he had once been afraid of.

When Alex was dying, he told Rose what he had done. When Rose tried to object, he asked her, "Love, remember what the Doctor told you on Bad Wolf Bay?"

"Which part?" she asked softly, sitting on his bedside holding his hand which was still a perfect fit. Oh, she would miss her husband with all her heart, she would miss this face to. Great hair and all. He had been so terrified that it would fall out but thankfully he'd managed to dodge that bullet.

"About him being me?" he questioned softly. Gently rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand.

"He said: 'An' I'm him' why are you askin' me this Alex?" 

"Because he was right, with a few things, but not all of them. When he said I needed you, he needed you as well, love. So I need you to use the Dinension Cannon and go to him. Beleive me when I say this, Rose Marion Tyler. No matter the face the Doctor will always need you and love you."

But Rose had doubts. She remembered the heart wrenching wait of five and a half hours after the Doctor had jumped through the Time Window on a horse to save Madame de Pompedour. How he had distanced himself from her, she had almost decided to leave him then and there.

"Please, Rose? He's probably regretting doing this. Dalek Cann's prophecy about one of the Children of Time dying rattled him more than any thing the universe had ever thrown at him, and he wasn't thinking straight," Alex begged his wife. Gently cupping her cheek with his other hand.

Rose inhaled deeply and nodded. Yes she would go back to the original universe. "But," she warned him, "If he doesn' wan' me I'll go live with Jack or somethin' like tha'."

Alex agreed. He died half an hour later in his sleep on a Tuesday (he would've had a fit if he died in a Sunday, he hated Sundays) with his wife Rose at his side, with no family except her brother Tony, who was sixty-five and had grandchildren.

Two weeks after Alex's death Rose had finally worked up the courage to use the Dimension Cannon. When she slammed he hand down on the yellow button there was a sound like a clap of thunder, a flash of pale blue light, and a feeling like her naval was being twisted from behind.

She landed heavily on her back, so heavily that the wind was knocked out of her. She coughed for a moment, then she heard a young woman's voice ask shrilly,

"Who the hell are you and how did you get in here? The Doctor's not gunna be happy when he finds out he's got a stranger on his TARDIS."

Rose cracked open her eyes and saw a young, dark haired woman gazing at her fearfully behind what looked like a console, then she felt the golden, telepathic presence of the TARDIS in her mind. She nearly sobbed with relief and joy, she had missed the Old Girl sorely. The TARDIS to apparently.

Meanwhile the TARDIS was overjoyed. At last! Her Wolf had come home! And her Theif would finally be truly happy again! If she had a physical body, she would be jumping and screaming with joy.

"Doctor! Get in here! There's a strange blond woman on board!" the woman yelled at the top of her voice.

"Calm down Clara, it's probably just River," called back a distinctly Scottish voice. "Honestly, bloody woman keeps on coming in unannounced - Rose?"

Rose looked up to see an older man with salt and pepper hair, dressed in a scarlet lined, black overcoat. ("Oh,he's regenerated. Still foxy, though," Rose thought absentmindedly.) He was gripping the railing of the library/balcony very tightly,but was surprised Rose was the look of pure fury on his face. She sighed and hung her head, she knew coming here was a bad idea.

The Doctor (we've all established that the older guy is the Doctor, right? Just checking ;D) slowly came down the steel staircase. How dare this person try to impersonate HIS Rose? Didn't they know that he knew she could never come back? 

He growled in a low and dangerous tone, "Oh, no. You can just run on back to where you came from because you are not fooling anyone; Rose cannot be here, in fact it is completely impossible for her to be here so you can just get the hell out of my TARDIS."

Rose rolled her eyes, the Doctor never learned. "Doctor, we both know I eat impossible for breakfast and the laws of physics for snacks between meals. But fine, if you wan' proof, I'll give ya proof. The very first thing you said to me after you regenerated was: 'Hello! Okay-oh! New teeth. That's weird. So where was I? Oh, that's right. Barcelona!'" She even did the facial expressions.

The Doctor seemed to crumble and he sat down heavily on the steps, his hearts beating furiously. "Rose?" A hopeful sparked in his steel blue eyes. "You're really here?"

Rose grinned her signature tongue-in-teeth grin. "Yep!" she said. Popping the 'p' just like his tenth (well technically eleventh, but who cares?) self used to.

The a Doctor quickly surged to his feet and in three large strides, he was standing right in front of Rose. He lifted a slightly trembling, long fingered hand to cup Rose's cheek. "My Rose," he whispered hoarsely. Tears brimming at the corners of his eyes.

Rose returned the gesture and whispered back, "My Doctor." Her own tears threatening to spil from her eyes.

That did it for the Doctor, he pulled her in for a bone crushing hug while at the same time, snogging her senseless. Which Rose found she liked, a lot as a matter of fact, she enthusiasticly returned the attentions the Doctor was giving her. The Doctor made a silly, happy noise in the back of his throat. Ah, thank you Metacrisis, he thought, you taught our Rose well. He angled his head so he could kiss his precious girl a bit more deeply.

"Ahem," Clara cleared her throat in her best, teacher lay manner but all she got was a raised finger in a signal to wait from the Doctor.

He had waited to long for this. His Ninth self only had the tiniest taste of her and Ten had desperately craved for more, Eleven had missed her as well but had deeply buried it. He was glad that Rose approved of this body, he'd been afraid it was to old for her.

Clara sighed and shook her head. She turned to disappear into the bowls of the TARDIS. She was glad her best mate had a second chance with his true love, sure River was his wife, but he didn't love her in that way.

She remembered that one time she had been wandering around in the TARDIS when she had stumbled upon a door with a beautiful pink and yellow rose on it. Her first Doctor had found her about two seconds later and she asked him whose door it was and he'd simply said: "Rose's" and walked away. So she supposed the woman the Doctor was snogging like there was no tomorrow was Rose. But she could wait until later for the Doctor to introduce her. It looked like he had a lot of catching up to do.

                                            ~Never Quite The End~

A/N: Hi! So I hope you all liked this, if not then, oh well, every ones a critic. I'm not sure if i should continue this or not and if so should the Doctor and Rose have a kid? I hope you'll help me out! Arkytior.