Introduction

To understand this story, you must have lived my life, and since that is not an option, I will do my best to explain myself to you. 

  My name is Evanna Marie Lovato, however it hasn't been that way for long. In fact, just a few years ago I was being beaten and abused by my own family- the Willows. My mother and my stepfather were very sadistic people, and extremely cruel to my fifteen year old self. I took every beating, however, because of the promise that if I left they'd torture my precious daughter. 

  Demaya Faith was my world, and she still is. Most people would say it was their hardest decision to give up their child, but I'd have to say that for me it would have to be the other way around. Keeping my Maya was one of the most difficult decisions I would ever have to make, but I would never regret a thing. She may have been the product of all of my unwanted pain, and the darkness surrounding me, but with her birth she brought the tiniest spark of light. 

  Being thirteen when I gave birth to the precious girl, I knew people would give me strange looks. It made me angry. How could people be so judgmental? They didn't know me. They weren't aware that this child wasn't the product of this generations slutty nature. They were oblivious to the fact that this beautiful baby was the product of something much darker. Nobody knew that I was raped.

  Nobody, except for me, my family, and my three friends.

  I would try not to let it get to me, to convince myself that the only opinions that mattered were that of my friends. Ember, Sanvi, and Naiyana would never be disgusted with me, and I have them to thank for the only light in my life. The light that came before Demaya.

 Little did I know, that soon my life would be full of millions of neon lights.

  At age fifteen, I was as depressed as ever. I was almost ready to give up, had the thought of two year old Maya not kept me from the edge of my life. Maya was a sweet little girl, always going with me everywhere- I made sure of it. There was no way I would leave baby Maya with our dysfunctional family, not even for a second. 

  To make things worse, I was arguing with Ember again, and my idol, Demi Lovato, had announced a week ago that she was taking a break from music. Demi had been another inspiration of mine, because when I'd put on her music whenever I felt alone and suddenly, I was surrounded by love.

  Now onto my story of how I had lost all hope, and Demi Lovato once again was there to save me from myself and the demons surrounding me.