Once upon a misty morning

In a small, dark room I lay awake on an early, quiet and misty morning in my not so comfortable bed, wondering about the nightmare I just had. My eyes were wide open and I was still trying to catch my breath as I struggled to believe that it was just a nightmare.

" Relax , relax , it was just a nightmare , it was just a nightmare, you're safe and sound, relax " I told myself while panting.

I got up and noticed something strange as I stared outside while standing at the main door of my little black hut between a huge farm.
I noticed that this morning wasn't happy or positive. An unusual silence soared in the fields, the birds weren't singing, the crows were cawing, dark clouds covered the sky and I saw a red sun rise.

As I saw the red sun rise , I noticed a rider approaching through the fog and mist in the fields , the rider was approaching towards me. Within a fraction of a second , before I even knew , that rider had already reached the main entrance of our garden.

The rider was tall with black shiny armor and a red cloak , the red cloak always meant that the person belonged to the Royal army.

" What business would a rider of the Royal army have here? " I asked myself.

I walked towards the mysterious rider as he removed his helmet and tied his horse to the tree in our garden but, what I saw after that helmet was removed left me astonished.

He had blue-green eyes with black hair and his face structure was oval, he had a cute little nose and thin lips. He had light-tanned skin.
I had never seen a man in his late-teens more beautiful in my life.

You see, being a light-tanned 16-year old girl with hazel eyes and brown hair wasn't really the rage. People always considered girls with blonde and silver hair.

" I am looking for Shira , please hand her over to us or face a fate worse than you can imagine " the mysterious rider said.

" Why do you need her? " I asked anxiously while trying to remain as normal as possible.

" Now listen girl , if you don't hand over that bastard girl to me , I will hang your body from the highest walls on this land " he threatened.

" You can't touch me , the instant you harm me will be the last time you'll have a head " I said while grouching and in a furious manner.

" Look , little bitch , I don't have time for this crap , hand over the girl because I have a royal warrant and if you don't hand her over then-- "

" Who's there? What's happening? Argh I swear this girl will get butchered by me today!! " an old man came shouting and cutting the rider off in middle of the sentence.
That old man was my caretaker and my owner , Mr.Murray

" Shira?!?! What are you doing up so early? It's 5 in the morning and I need some damn sleep " Mr.Murray grouched and then turned over to the rider.
"Now what the heck would a rider from the Royal army would do here?!? Go back into hiding ,you rat! Go back to your rider's keep because that's where filthy rats like you belong. Go now! Away with you! " Mr.Murray screamed furiously.

" I have a royal warrant. Now tell me , Mr. Whoever you are , do you know the punishment for refusing and denying the Royal warrant? " The rider spoke in a calm but cunning manner, he continued further " I am looking for a girl named Shira , hand her over in the name of your king "

" Ha! You're a fool , you're looking for a girl when she's standing right in front of you " Mr.Murray smirked while pointing at me.

The rider grabbed me by brown shirt's collar and started dragging me all the way to his horse.

" Wait! Where the heck are you taking her? That girl belongs to me! You can't take her! " Mr.Murray protested.

" I have a royal warr-- "

" Yeah yeah , I know you have a royal warrant and what the heck are you going to do with that? Are you going to scare me? You think I fear you red-cloaked shitheads? Well, you are wrong " and he snatched me away and pushed the rider so hard that he fell.

" I am an annointed knight by the King and you just stroke me while I spoke for our king and denying or disobeying your king's remarks is treason" "AAAAAAHHHH " he screamed so loud that the crows abandoned the trees, and while getting up he finally took out his fine shiny sword and ran towards Mr.Murray.

Mr.Murray suddenly got out of the way and the rider fell yet again.

Mr.Murray grabbed him by his neck and pulled him up.

"You think you can strike me , boy?!?" Said Mr.Murray.

" Leave- mm-me plea-please " the rider said while choking.

I was really shocked to see how the Rider's eyes had turned red and his skin pale.
Mr.Murray was really strong for man in his early sixties.

"Go away and tell your king that I don't care about his orders ,I don't serve him" " Do you get that, boy?!? " Mr.Murray said while still having a hold of the rider.

" Ye-- yes " The rider said while he was still choking.

Finally Mr.Murray released him from his stronghold and he ran towards his horse like a scared cat. He rode his horse and departed our garden.

" Look, Mr.Murray! The sky is clearing up! We can see the sun again! " I said cheerfully while staring up at the sky.

And suddenly I was slapped across the face so hard that I fell to the ground. " What did I tell you about not talking to strangers?!? Huh?!? He could've taken you and don't you dare forget that you still have to pay your parent's debt by working for me "
" You will never leave untill the debt is paid. Do you follow, stupid girl!?! "
Mr.Murray said in a furious manner.

While I stared up at him angrily, he sighed and went back inside and I just stared at him stomping his feet on his way back to the hut in his grey sweater and black pajamas.

" Oh , dear lord! " I whined as I saw that my only black trousers were ruined by the dirt I fell into.

As Mr.Murray was stomping his feet on his way back to the hut , I got up and followed him inside.

" Bring me some tea now, girl and make haste " Mr.Murray commanded and I nodded.

Hey guys, this is the first chapter of my first book of the series. I hope you enjoy reading this. I will write the second chapter next week.
Honest opinions are always appreciated. I know this is a small chapter but I'll write lengthy ones sooner.

All the love x Disha x